• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do you train?

Kevin K.

Just out of curiosity, how often do you train?

When I first started, trying to manage a relationship, work and school, I was only able to train about two hour-long sessions a week.

After awhile I got to where training was all I was thinking about and started attending morning classes.

Now I train twice on Monday & Wednesdays, and was finally able to work around my work schedule to train on Fridays (face contact) and Saturdays before work. And although I wouldn't call it necessarily traditional training, I have since found myself doing a good deal of additional training at home, working on perfecting various techniques, stretching as well as tossing some weight training in.

There is a semi-knockdown coming up in December I am trying to get prepared for and so far my progress is looking good.

So how often do you train? :)

Edited by Kevin K.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 to 6 times a week, when I can. But, I often travel on my job and work long hours when travelling.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

My training has really suffered this past year because of a chronic back injury. When I first started the arts, I attended 3, three hour classes/week, and trained on my own religously at least one hour/day on my own....some times more.

In the past year, depending on how my back has been feeling, I have been trying to train twice/week or more if possible...but there are quite a few weeks that I can't do much of anything in the way of hard training. Most often I will start practicing kata or basics..and anywhere from 15 minutes, to an hour, and that's about all I can take. IT SUCKS!!! :kaioken:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

because of a chronic back injury. ...and that's about all I can take. IT SUCKS!!! :kaioken:

I completely understand. At 20 years old, I have a bulging disk in my lower back that is hitting a nerve that sends pain from there down my lower leg through my calf to my ankle. The odd thing is that the only time I don't feel it is when I do train. The more I strech the less it bothers me aswell. :-?

I have a nasty curve in my lower spine, right about the belt line, and where it gets me the most is when I do any sort of kick with my right leg. No pain down the leg, but certainly in the back. It will drop me literally to the ground.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I train every moment of every day...in one way or another.....there is always something that can be worked on or thought about.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"