asusradeon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you try calling it Muyougata instead? That's prononunced (Moo yoe gata). 無用型

"Gata" is just "kata", but the sound changes due to its use in a compound.

As for Muyou...

(In this case, I agree with thaiboxerken...)

What's the motivation for creating your own kata at age 13?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I think it would be awesome if he called it the Bakamono Kata !

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I'm actually curious as to what the motivation is. I've heard that in some places, instructors ask their students to make up a kata. Or, it might just be for a tournament. Either way, most people do not have the sufficient depth of knowledge of biomechanics, breathing, energy, and application to make a truly competent kata that is worth practicing. There is more to kata then simply stringing moves together, even if the applications themselves are pretty useful.

I'm sure there are some people that could make up a truly good kata, perhaps, but they usually have been practicing the arts far longer than the combined ages of me and asusradeon put together...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

yeh, that was a typing error soz.

ps. lets wat ill name my kata "bakamono"

my motovation to create my own kata is that i like going to demonstrations, and doing unique things

** JuNiOr InStRuCtEr **

Style: Wado Ryu

Grade: Shodan (1st dan black)

Leave the young lad alone. Just because he is 13 doesn't mean he won't create a decent Kata. It will take years to hone into somethine "real" granted but he's 13!! He has plenty of time to do that! I was just turned 14 when I got my Shodan but it didn't mean I was any less competent than someone else just because they were older than me!

Jeez! Broaden your ideas!

EVOLUTION!!!

Here's an intersting comment someone mentioned to me that will go along with this conversation nicely,

young black belt: "You're only an orange belt. How come you're kata looks so much smoother and stronger than mine?"

much older orange belt: "That's because it is."

young black belt: "Why do you think that is?"

much older orange belt: "Kid, I've been in this body nearly 3 times longer than you've been alive. I've got a pretty good feel for what it will and will not do."

This was an actual conversation that I overheard at a dojo I was visiting. I thought it was hilarious. It does still hold true.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.