asusradeon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sanchin was brought long before 1910 but that is sanchin of Goju-ryu karate, I was talking about Uechi-ryu's. Sanchin kata of Kanbun is similar but different, just like seisan and sanseiryu, same name different tehnics.

hara wo neru

• 3 weeks later...

my favourite kata has to be something like gojushihosho (im not sure how to spell it!) i like to think kata is my speciality and if anyone knnows any rae or unusual kata's please let me know. :karate:

some day i will be great, untill then you'll have to settle with this

this is the second time i have tried posting so if you see two posts by myself then i'm not an idiot i just don't know mhow things work! strong katas with speed elements are the best, such as seinchin. Although a weaker person like myself would probably prefer neipaipo This is a personal favourite. :karate:

some day i will be great, untill then you'll have to settle with this

pyeman, out of my style i've been impressed by Anan Kata from Ryuie ryu , you can see a clip by sensei Sakamoto(kata world champion) at https://www.wonder-okinawa.jp

also 3 new shorin ryu kata created by sensei Matsuda are great, I love the first one "Seru" it's a open hand kata and a mixture of shuri-te and naha-te.

Prolly Ro Hai. Cause its my next test kata, and I like all the movements in it. And I like doing the different breathing kata those are always fun to do(cant remmeber names cause I was never given any)

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate....

I don't do Karate, but from what I have seen so far, I'll say my favourite is Saifa.

Goju Ryu Kata seems to be a lot different from the Katas of other Karate styles. They seems to be lighter and softer than those of Shotokan or Shorin Ryu.

Goju Ryu Kata seems to be a lot different from the Katas of other Karate styles. They seems to be lighter and softer than those of Shotokan or Shorin Ryu.

Perhaps but I would say that it depends on the teacher (how he teaches) and the individual (how he does his kata). I see different approaches in my class, some students do it hard with strong kime at the end of each strike some do it fast, soft and fluid with kime that can't be seen and some do a beautiful job of combining both ways.

hara wo neru