• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ALL TIME FAVORITE KATA

asusradeon

Speaking of Hakutsuru, does anyone have any good links to vids of this kata? I'm also looking for good videos of Wansu and Wankan too.

My new favourite "kata" is Chen Tai Chi Chu'an 11 form - I leaned the final part of it last night and I've been practicing it like mad today!

As long as I don't mess up and start doing this form tonight in karate class then I should be OK... :D

That's the trouble with doing more than one MA, especially MA's that have forms in them. Sometimes my brain goes on holiday for a while and I find myself doing karate at Wing Chun and Wing Chun in Tai Chi class.

D'oh! :blush: :blush:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are various versions of Hakutsuru videos for sale out there. I've seen versions of Hakutsuru done on a video of about Hohan Soken and his students, and I also bought John Sells' video (which has good bunkai). I've also heard that Chuck Chandler produces a great video for Hakutsuru (which I have no trouble believing).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

i felt totaly down when i was told chuck chandler stole all the tapes sensei lindsey had gathered during the years and is not returning them, i really can feel the pain of losing all those priceless tapes to a convict like chuck chandler. he been challenged several times by sensei lindsey's student and always had a excuse.

Oh, I wasn't aware there was any tension between Lindsey and Chandler. I was actually referring to the tapes of Chandler himself doing Hakutsuru though. I don't know any of those other details, so I'm not going to say he's a convict...

Maybe I'll ask my instructor, as he seems to know an amazing amount of people in the traditional martial arts (like he just ran into/met for the first time Morio Higaonna on a plane to Okinawa the other day and got invited to see his dojo and watch a class). The other day he was throwing around the idea to visit Yabiku, Chuck Chandler's instructor, but he was concerned about Yabiku's training methods (striking vital areas very strongly, which could be bad for long-term health).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Random update on my statement (like anybody really cares).

I now like Long Form 6 (also known as Vomiting Birdies) (Not really) (Inside joke with anybody who knows the kata, like there really is anybody on this site that does) better than 5, and 4. I still love 3.

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Anyone for Kankusho? I'm between that and Gankaku...

both are for my next grading and so am spending a lot of time with these Katas.

--

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.