asusradeon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Pinan Shodan best out of the five katas I know. I'm not supposed to have learned two of them yet either.....I've barely learned Pinan Shodan, but it's fun. Easier for me than Nihanchi Shodan and the Bokudan kata. And thank God it's harder than Ichikyu and Nikyu. Sooooo simple. Not to say I do them perfectly, but still, at least it's longer.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I love watching Sanshiryu and Ryusan performed. I've watched a number of different styles' kata and really find Chito Ryu to have the most "beautiful". Sounds odd... but while they can be hard and fast, there are moments of flowing, soft movements and are very dynamic.

My all time favourite I guess would be Tokkan, simply because its the hardest Kata to perform

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Well, since I only know two.. my choice is very, very difficult :lol:

I'd have to go with Heian Nidan (my current kata)... although just for sake of watching, for one reason or another, I like Tekki Shodan. Really don't know why though :idea: maybe because I'm not much of a kicker, and there are no kicks in there :lol: :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Well, since I only know two.. my choice is very, very difficult :lol:

I'd have to go with Heian Nidan (my current kata)... although just for sake of watching, for one reason or another, I like Tekki Shodan. Really don't know why though :idea: maybe because I'm not much of a kicker, and there are no kicks in there :lol: :)

There's plenty of kicks in Naihanchi (Tekki...). You just have to know where to look. :wink:

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

oops... ok, well at least its good I'm not doing it yet :P I still think it's a cool kata at the least

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Oh, do you mean kicks in the sense of the... umm.. for lack of better term, leg snaps? Like the ones in Heian Sandan? (If I remember right, they have a few different applications, like blocking kicks out of the way?)

- T. S. Eliot