• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ALL TIME FAVORITE KATA

asusradeon

I just started learning Wansu yesterday...I think this one definitly shows some promise. Anybody have any opinions about this particular kata?

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasai Dai...hm..I'm a horrible speller, but I really like it

karateka of Kobayashi Shorin-ryu karate-do(since 2000)

"A human life is truly as frail and fleeting as the morning dew." -Rashomon

“Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.” BL

Getting back to that naihanchi to the front...it is almost the same as naihanchi to the side in terms of overall form, but it begins to the front with a cat stance. A lot of the stances are facing a forty-five degree angle to either side and it is actually about twice as long as naihanchi shodan, as it is basically done twice. Obviously due to some changes in some of the stances and emphases, some of the techniques are slightly different, but someone familiar with naihanchi could learn it in a day (before people spam me, I said learn, not master).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

My favourite katas are: Sanchin (because it is the fundamental kata of Uechi-Ryu karate) & Seisan (because it's very hard and dynamic).

Also, both are original chinese kata that Kanbun Uechi (the founder) brought from China in 1910.

hara wo neru

• 2 weeks later...