• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When i spar (USJJF rules) I'm usually at a height disadvantage because my training partner is 6'4" and i'm 5'7. I can occasionally take him down with a sacrifice throw or a reversal, but when i try to shoot in he almost always reaps me. any tips? i can't get anywhere near him to reap him

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
yes, he's able to lock out his arm and keep me from getting inside once we grapple

Then attack the arm, when he moves it, shoot in.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

sode maki komi with a little variation...grab his 2 sleeves, push him to one side(try to, or wait till he moves) then move in diaginally like your doing osoto(u can be a little further away) then turn your body and lift (kinda like tai toshi). so it's pretty much the regular sode except you have both sleeves. you can also do this throw with only one sleeve.

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

RULES?????????

Watch out a lot of rules build bad habit!!!!!!!!!!!!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

maybe get an underhook if you can get ahold of his arm, then toss him.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli