• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

grade test

I am getting to be tested for fourth grade in wing chun this friday.i just thought everyone could post ideas how to be calm during the test.maybe a good reverence for anyone who has to take a test then too.

drunken monkey said that concentrating on ones breathing is helpfull.

(sorry for the spelling its 3:15 am here in germany :D )

Be everything. Be nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In my opinion, there should be no reason to be nervous at all. you should feel comfortable with what you are doing. You have been practicing for all these years, right?

i do know from experience though that it can be a little stressful though. just relax, and remember that you know what you're doing and you aren't going to be asked to do anything that you don't know or haven't practiced before.

Don't train too hard leading up to the test. Do light workouts for a couple of days leading into it. Maybe the morning of you test, do a little cardio work, but make sure you rested, and then just give it eveything you've got. No worries!

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Since your instructor is testing you, he/she obviously believes that you have the knowledge and ability to go forward. Remind yourself of this and you will do fine.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

Oh my god!!! You have a GRADING?!?!?!?! RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!

AAHHH!!! Oh man, it's not even MY grading and I'm starting to hyperventilate. Uh....uh.....make sure you....uh, make eye contact with the sensei! Yeah, no...wait, uh,....DON'T....don't make eye contact with....um...ANYONE!! AAAHHHHH!!! Breath...that's the key, must keep breathing. In, out, in, out, in, in, in, in, in.....

;)

But seriously folks, it's ok to be a little nervous. In fact, you probably SHOULD be at least a little bit nervous. Keeps you humble. Just be confident of your abilities and try to pretend you're demonstrating at a normal class, instead of a grading.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

Okay, I'm going to go against everyone. I say DON'T breath! Hold your breath for the entire day. Not one breath. I have no idea if it work, but just think...

Your blueish/purpleish color by the time you test, may really have a nice contrast with a standard white gi. I'm telling ya, it's all about fashion!

Seriously though, you'll do fine. Relaxe and have fun!

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Good luck with your grading!

Try to stay focused on the job at hand and tell yourself that your instructor wouldn't be testing you if he didn't think you were capable of it.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Try to stay focused on the job at hand and tell yourself that your instructor wouldn't be testing you if he didn't think you were capable of it.

Exactly.

and as everyone said... Just breathe - it will help you to relax and save energy before and during the testing.

Adrenaline is the hormone to prepare your body for the 'fight or flight' reaction. Just consciously steer all that energy to fight and do your best :)

Believe in yourself and let us know, how it went.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

You're only in forth grade?! Get back to school, kid!!

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.