• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Squashing some rumors surrounding the AKA Grands and WSKF

miguksaram

It has come to our attention that there are a couple of rumors floating around about our upcoming event October 29 & 30. So please let me take this time to put a stop to them.

First rumor- Only WSKF and AKA members will be allowed to participate in this tournament.

- WRONG!!! This tournament is opened to anyone and everyone from any and all circuits no matter rank or style.

Second rumor- If you are a non-WSKF member and you win the grand championship, you will not be considered the true world champion.

- I can't even begin to tell you how stupid this rumor is. Why the hell would we have a World Championship but only allow WSKF members to win it? That is simply ridiculous. If you are NASKA, NBL, PKA, WKF, whatever, and you win the grand championship, then you win a world title. Simple.

I am not sure who started these rumors. I will tell you this, it is my personal opinoin that if the person who started it, did unknowingly then he/she is an idiot. All you need to do is contact us at 630-369-8055 or Sharkey100@aol.com or martialscience@hotmail.com if there were any questions like that. If the person did this maliciously, then it is my opinoin that not only is he/she and idiot, but a coward as well. Sensei Sharkey has done a lot to help and support many promoters and competitors from all circuits. To have someone start a rumor that could result in a very poor showing for our event is nothing more than a act of a dishonorable coward.

So, if there are any questions concerning this event do not hesitate to call or write us. We will be glad to give you the real information. Thank you for letting me rant.

With respect,

Jeremy

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to point at him and laugh

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you. I appreciate it. We are looking forward to a nice tournament. We have added some wushu specific divsions for advance/black belt wushu people. There will be a sword tournament taking place there as well. I am currently in the process of helping some people from Armenia to come over and compete, not to mention we have some delegates from India, England and France coming. So yes we can boast a true "world" final. :)

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to point at him and laugh