• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you know the answer to this?

c-prime

Has anyone here ever heard of the late Sensei Richard Kim? I have been thinking about joining a school whereby he was so called founder. However, upon asking different people in chats and emails I have been getting very mixed reviews. Some say he is a hack, some say he is as legit as they come. Maybe someone on here can help shed some light on the topic...

Or something like that...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This should help.

http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=325

From what I've heard/read, he was one of the top karate inst. back in the day. With that said, you should consider the school only if it's to your liking and how the classes are conducted. Sit down with the inst. and even talk with the students that attend the dojo. Good luck :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Just go visit the school, see if they offer a free class to those interested in joining, if they do take it, if not watch a class.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

The head of our dojo trained under Richard Kim at one time.

From all I have heard mention of him in our dojo it has been good.

I think knowing the qualifications of your Sensais is important for traditional MA, but a big factor should be if the dojo feels right to you.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate