• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kung Fu is, unfortunately, hard to master to make effective. This is true in my style at least, but since it is a "dragon" style, it is really a more technical kung fu. Not to say we can't punch, but we follow the principals of dragon kung fu, flowing with all atacks and "dissapearing" and striking in the least expected time and place. Not all of it is like that, but that is the general goal in a fight.

What is good about kung fu is it is extremely effective to masters of the techniques, but that is a redundant statement.

In any case, Kung Fu is deadly and effective, in any style.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

yes you are right san soo and san shou are diffrent and because i have boxing training before my mauy thai i see were it filled the gap. i think with boxing or my san soo hand strikes the kicks blend great. i was thinking after i get furhter along in sans soo ille take my jujitsu, mauy thai, boxing, and san soo and blend them into a mixed martial arts class. also mauy thai and no other arts are not good at long range attacks. but the thai frontal kick is very effective at maxium range its one of the onlys kicks i trust way out. you arch your back a little bring your knee to just about your chest and thrust either leg push all the way till you on your tip of you toe. you will see the power and speed. san soo i think has everything you need in close or long range it has the footwork to get in were you need to be. i also think forms are important are forms have 27 to 50 moves in them and we alot. i think the help you in footwork they also massage your internal organs wich is good for you . are instructer says they help with multiple attackers i belive this too. i think san soo is a modern day effective kung fu.

also mauy thai and no other arts are not good at long range attacks. but the thai frontal kick is very effective at maxium range its one of the onlys kicks i trust way out. you arch your back a little bring your knee to just about your chest and thrust either leg push all the way till you on your tip of you toe. you will see the power and speed.

This is done the same way in other arts, not just San Soo.

san soo i think has everything you need in close or long range it has the footwork to get in were you need to be. i also think forms are important are forms have 27 to 50 moves in them and we alot. i think the help you in footwork they also massage your internal organs wich is good for you . are instructer says they help with multiple attackers i belive this too. i think san soo is a modern day effective kung fu.

Massage the internal organs? Modern day effective Kung Fu?

i know all martial arts have simular strikes my comment was to someone who mauy thati was not effedtive at long ranges. besides master jimmy woo said forms massage you internal organs if that answers your question mark. as for modern martial art i think alot of kung fu and karate styles cant compete with the submission fighters its been proven so i hope you dont right back anything on the comment. but san soo is not as complex as alot of kung fu styles its just straight agressive thats the back bone of it and why its modern day affective art. i mean in modern day we have alot more people in mauy thai and subbmission fighting than ever cause that what works and is popular these days. please dont pick my threads apart anymore im just stating a opinion i dont need you to pick my thread this is not a right or wrong forum.

Without dissing muay thai and any other fine MMAs, I think they are most popular because they are simpler and use a more direct approach. People hate making efforts nowadays (no, I did not just say MT takes less effort, im talking about a different kind of effort).

i know all martial arts have simular strikes my comment was to someone who mauy thati was not effedtive at long ranges. besides master jimmy woo said forms massage you internal organs if that answers your question mark. as for modern martial art i think alot of kung fu and karate styles cant compete with the submission fighters its been proven so i hope you dont right back anything on the comment. but san soo is not as complex as alot of kung fu styles its just straight agressive thats the back bone of it and why its modern day affective art. i mean in modern day we have alot more people in mauy thai and subbmission fighting than ever cause that what works and is popular these days. please dont pick my threads apart anymore im just stating a opinion i dont need you to pick my thread this is not a right or wrong forum.

In response, I do not pick apart your thread or intend to bash you. I have a curiousity and sometimes interpret things to the point I have to discuss. True, it is not a right or wrong forum, but as you state your opinion, I have the opinion, to disagree with yours, where I feel need to state mine. I do not believe in internal organ messaging. I do not feel that there should be the distinction of "old" vs "new" martial art as putting either on the better or highest plateau. As I respond to your posts, do not take my responses as a personal attack on you or your style. I respond to your opinion or statements in accordance if I agree or disagree with them. In sincerity, have a nice day. :wink:

Unfortunately, I don't have a link, it's Pai Lum Tao, (Yes, I asked for information on it but I was looking for comparisons before) and my instructor is certainly certified, you can find him and his teachers in the Pai Lum lineage, dating back to the Great Grandmaster Daniel Kane Pai. It's a very complete art and I would suggest looking into it. And I call it dragon because it is supposedly "The way of the White Dragon".

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.