• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Crane stance

isshinryugurl

This stance is relaxing- it's all about making sure your feet are at the right angle, and your back knee is touching your front leg. I have seen all types of crane stances-ours appears to be the only one with both feet on the ground. I think that our stance is more like cat stance then the rest of the crane stances.

Make'm cry or get disqualified.

The more you sweat in the dojo, the less you bleed on the streets.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isshin Ryu is the basics of Goju Ryu and Shorin Ryu......and the principles of the system "came to" Shimabuku in a dream he had.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

I just watched a tomari-chinto on the net , your crane stance is there too, so the history of this stance probebly goes to sensei kyan and his teacher kosaku matsumora.

We use a stance like that but don't call it crane stance. There is a version with the back foot with the hill up and one with the front leg with the heel up. It is a type of a transition stance.

Think about a military about face. See it done on two counts. Stop on the first cound before you actually turn and bend your knees. What stance are you in.

Look at the stance in her picture and visualize the knees bent more then think of the tekki or Nihanchi katas.

here is a link that will show you an isshin ryu crane stance.

http://www.kidskarate.com/ABSTRACT/Internet%20Class/Orange%20Belt/IM000021.jpg

this is a sideways veiw.

Isshin-ryu's crane stance looks like a stance in Shotokan called kosa dachi. However as far as I know kosa dachi has no connection to the crane style.

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

They way we do a crane stance is kinda like an inverted T-stance. The rear knee is in the pocket of the front knee. The forward foot's toes are pointing outward(horizontally), and the ball of the rear foot is touching the ground. Now that I think about it......our crane stance is almost EXACTLY like an inverted T......

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".....my Makiwara tells me so.

Look like a stance in wansu

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi