• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Years Resolutions

Jack

As you all can see, I never volunteered what my resolutions would be! :lol:

So how many of you kept yours??? Jack??? Sai???

and ... how about the rest of you? Making any particular resolutions?

OK, mine?

A biggie.... to be more patient, to be less stressed out and to learn to say NO!!! (I take on more than I can handle at times) ... and I don't mean drinking! :lol: :lol:

How about I am reading more; spending more time with my furkids.

And the big one. I am the newly elected secretary of the resident council association. I think my neighbors still know I am here.

Oh and at 45 I can still do full side splits after warming up.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to tack another one on. For someone who just hates to use a scale to find out how much I weigh, I just had to (for curiosity sake) to see just how much I have gained in the past weeks since Thanksgiving (end of November).

To lose the 7 pouinds I gained ... (not too bad you say?) ... unfortunately it all went into one "certain" place :roll: ! :o

Wow... Sai I am impressed! Good for you!

So guys, what are all of your New years resolutions?

I'll go first :up:

1) To better myself in the martial arts and to train my hardest.

2) To make the most out of my time this year

3) To make Jen as happy as possible :smile:

Your turn! :up:

This was me one year ago.

1) I trained very hard, but then left Taekwondo. I am getting in good physical condition for the next 4 or so months before I pick up another MA.

2) I would say I did pretty well at this one.

3) I broke up with Jen, but on good terms, and now have another girl of 4 months (4 month anniversary on new year's eve) who I'm very happy with.

My resolutions this year, I will be brief with, since I wrote 2200 words on them and commit to them, and I read them every morning and night.

1) My Body - I will dedicate myself to Matt Furey's Royal Court exercises and do lots of cardio, eating a lot of clean food. I am hoping to gain in all areas of fitness, and put on some weight by the end of April in order to lose a bit of fat for June/July.

2) My Mind - I'm going to challenge a lot of my beliefs. I'm going to try to think problems through instead of trudging through them or ignoring them. I'm going to think objectively. I'm going to do lots of logic puzzles. I'm going to explore emotions and explore thoughts, and force myself to look at new ways and see how I react to things, and override basic selfish emotions to think what would result in the best for myself and others.

3) My Soul - I'm going to pick up on the meditation. I am going to learn about how Chakras work and continue strengthening my chi. I'm going to become more and more peaceful and quiet of mind, and become more open and loving. I'm going to be the observer and not the jester in this life.

4) School work - I'm going to commit myself to shrug away negative emotions about school and just get on with work. I'm tired of the stress whichis mostly caused by arguing with myself about when Im going to do work. I'll view school as a learning oppurunity and a chance to increase my logical abilities.

5) My relationships - I'm going to be there always to listen and help for all of my closest friends and family. I'll allow my relationships to grow stronger and more meaningful. Loyalty means a lot to me.

I have visualised all of these and picture myself fulfilling these frequently. I know the steps to take to achieve all of these and am working on them now. :)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Based on this past week's attendance, I'd say people's number one resolution was NOT to get into better shape :D !

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

I've been called stoopid in a lot of ways before... :D This may be the first time I've seen interesting substituted!

I've gotten new signups, just no regulars.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

1) Survive through the year (ya beat me to it omni!)

2) Get my driver's license (as you can see, these two go hand-in-hand)

3) Improve my MA (too much to go into detail :o )

good luck everyone!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.