why do most females like kickboxing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't noticed that they are in it for the martial aspects. But I have seen cardio classes that were based on MT or Kickboxing that were mostly women. It is a good complete body workout, tones 'em up all around. But most all left when the real class started.

Freedom isn't free!

I don't know where you've got the statistic from and I don't know if it's right or wrong. I think it's difficult to make such assumption, because we are talking about different regions and even more different aproaches in teh KB training. As Delta already observed ... there are cardio classes blending in some martial arts techniques and they are popular. How popular I couldn't say.

In the KB competitions there are deffinetly less women than men, in comparison with other styles where the girls are almost everywhere. Still we talk without any solid information to back up our words :D. We need some clear facts here, but where could we provide them from?

I believe it was called enough....kind of a corny movie but i think she also did some krav maga in that as well...i recognized a couple of the techniques as KM. and who else...angelina jolie, ever since tomb raider she has been into kickboxing.

When I started up my Kickboxing program I was amazed with the turnout of females. I dont offer a cardio kickboxing class, and that was not what they were looking for. Most of the women that train here love to get in here and do mitt work and learn to hit and kick hard. And once they get past the initial fear of sparring their good to go. I have talked to all of them about why they enjoy the classes so much and I have heard several reasons, great workout, stress relief, self defense, confidence builder, enjoys group activities, and ofcourse everyonce inwhile I get the Kickbutt response hahahahaha.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

that movie was called enough. lifetime movie with a huge budget.

anyway, i think youre talking about cardio kickboxing? id say probably because its a great way for them to get those nice bodies im always complaining are in too small a minority....

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

While there may be a large number of women interested in true kickboxing, I'd say the numbers you see do reflect the cardio kickboxing interest...

I've met a number of women who say they take kickboxing or are going to their kickboxing class, when they are really just doing glorified aerobics....

The problem arises when these classes are presented as actual methods of self-defense...

Now real kickboxing classes that a disproportionate number of women...I'd still say they owe it to the cardio fad, and that it helped generate an interest in legitimate martial arts...

My own class is about 40-50% female students, so in general martial arts is just becoming a more "accepted" practice for everyone...

The world is changing and its great to see the number of females signing up for more realistic training

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!