starring people down

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness u jokers, the staredown is a very valid part of MA's and self defense. I went to the Muy Thai fights this weekend in Calgary and even though they sucked, I could tell which fighters were going to lose because of the staredown. One guy looked away and two others were looking at their feet and all of them got creamed. Same with Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis. If your not ready to look someone in the eye your sure not ready to fight him. In real life it's a lot harder. I almost got into a couple of fights because of the stupid staredowns. When it happens now I don't break eye contact but I assume a calm demeanor and it's worked so far. Knock on wood. 8)

Donkey

Maybe it's just me, but I've never, ever in my life, had a situation where I had to "stare" someone down, or was "stared" down by another person. Maybe it's the place where I live, but when two people make eye contact in the street, they usually smile and say "Good morning" or something.

So while I have no experience in the whole "stare" area, I'm rather glad I don't have to worry about it. I'll stay right where I am. :)

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

staring can get ya killed in some places

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

yes iit has gotten me into little trouble in the past but i have never seen anyone killed because they looked at somebody wrong

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

yes iit has gotten me into little trouble in the past but i have never seen anyone killed because they looked at somebody wrong

A friend of one of my cousins had. He got shot for starring at the wrong person in the wrong place. He was told by people whom was with him, to "look away". But he did not and was "macho". Now he is dead. I went to the funeral and was sickened by the fact it was all needless.

Sometimes, one must "humble" thenselves to avoid conflict.

here where i live its kinda funny because lots of 13 year old "wannabe gangsters" live here.they start staring at me and try to look dangerous.then i just walk on and stare in their eyes all of the time.it takes about 5 seconds until they look at their own feet :D kinda funny when it is something harmless like that.

i am sorry to hear that 47martial man.

Be everything. Be nothing.

Doesn't anyone ever use the old comeback "Take a picture, it'll last longer" anymore?

:D

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean