• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

starring people down

Slightly higher suicide rate here, yes. I wouldn't say "insane", though. In 1996 the USA suicide rate was roughly 10.6, in Canada it was 12.5. I wouldn't call that insane.

The fact that the murder rate is 400% higher in the US is insane.

At any rate, I'll take a higher suicide rate over a higher murder rate, given the grim choice. I'm not afraid that I might kill myself. It's the other people who scare me. ;)

Wap

The numbers for all these violent crime statistics have actually been dropping in the past years, much to the chargrin of naysayers.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which is dropping, canada?US? both?

please specify

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

Canada's murder rate in 2003 dropped to the lowest is has been in 30 years, 1.73 victims per 100,000 people. Down 7% from last year.

However, USA's murder rate is actually up 1.3 percent to 5.6 victims per 100,000 people.

My source:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040929/wl_canada_nm/canada_crime_murder_col&e=5

Stats Canada web page only has stats up to 1997 for suicide rates, but the stats show a steady decline from 14.0 to 12.3 from 1981 to 1997.

http://www.statcan.ca/english/Pgdb/health01.htm

Looks like the States has had a similar decline during those years, and it appears the suicide rate for the US remains slightly lower than Canada, though only by a marginal amount (again, not "insane"):

http://www.afsp.org/statistics/USA.htm

Wap

"Fighting fighting. Same Same"

"But you know karate!"

"Someone always know more..."

you i find the best way to back down from someone without looking like a :bawling: . if it a younger person throw your head up and say whats up. if it is a older person put your head down like a bow but ith no body movement and say how you doin. i have avoided several fights by doing this.

sounds dumb but works when someone you dont wanna fight is starring at you.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

you i find the best way to back down from someone without looking like a :bawling: . if it a younger person throw your head up and say whats up. if it is a older person put your head down like a bow but ith no body movement and say how you doin. i have avoided several fights by doing this.

sounds dumb but works when someone you dont wanna fight is starring at you.

Yeah, I have done that. Also, ignore the starer and "pretend" to look at something else

I have a force of habit, from training, not to stare.

Actually using peripheral vision.

When I was young, I had a speech impediment. I would stutter when talking to someone while making "eye" contact.

Upon realizing this, when I started my martial art training, my first master had me practicing peripheral vision. Another advantage than a "fighting concept"

To which, I no longer stutter, but I still have a somewhat habit not to "look" someone in the "eyes" when talking.

Some people "freak" on this as much as "staring".

I had/have the same problem with stuttering, MA really changed my life in that respect (can I put it this way :-? )

Read a book!

don't be such a child.

how many times have you done it compared to him?

and in what kind of time period?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

interesting, i find that you must look back if getting stared at but it is up to you what you do with the situation. i prefer to look back and smile or just look away.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"