ncole_91

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errrr how odd. Their lessons seem to last for 45 minutes. How are you supposed to learn anything in 45 minutes, especially when you're not allowed to exceed 2 lessons a week! :o

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

What worries me is picture of the little kid with a black belt on.

And it does look very flashy.

a result of being to focused on copetition and not the true meaning of the arts

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

ncole_91 the http://www.ottawajka.com looks to be your best choice. check it out to see if you like it. if this is a McDojo I appoligize its hard to really tell from a website, but the way this one reads to me vs. the others says this should be your choice. Hopefully you will find what you seek. Good Luck in your search.

also to address 47MartialMan question about is it better to train in a McDojo vs trying to learn from a book or video. I think that if the person has no experiance at all, they will probably come out with about the same level of skill. the differences are probably going to be that the person training in a McDojo will probably suffer more or less injuries (depending on the instructor) then the person training from the book, and they will have others there to work thier stuff on. But the person training from the book wont have the same false confidince built up cause they wouldn't have fooled themselves into thinking that they learned real stuff from an expert. just my two cents on that question.

The more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war.

The Winner is the one who makes the fewest mistakes.

I dont know which to go to, because the ottawajka is pretty far from my house, I know that the KarateFit would be my 2nd choice. I might even end up going ot karatefit because it is close, the staff are EXTREMELY nice and we are still learning katas and forms. I know the instructor knows what he is doing......

if you like the dojo, the teacher, and the overall feeling of learning, go with it. however, thepower girls looks dumb.

make'm cry or get disqualified.

Make'm cry or get disqualified.

The more you sweat in the dojo, the less you bleed on the streets.

is it better to train in a McDojo vs trying to learn from a book or video. I think that if the person has no experiance at all, they will probably come out with about the same level of skill.

Not really, McDojo instructors do have something to teach. They do have benefits.

the differences are probably going to be that the person training in a McDojo will probably suffer more or less injuries (depending on the instructor) then the person training from the book, and they will have others there to work thier stuff on.

Other practitoners is one benefit. One has to look at the many benefits of McDojo, vs book/video.

But the person training from the book wont have the same false confidince built up cause they wouldn't have fooled themselves into thinking that they learned real stuff from an expert.

Yes, but they can also have a false confidence from a book/video. It would be hard for a total beginner to determine if their "new" instructor is a real expert or not. But since most McDojos are business oriented, then the prospective student, er customer, should do a check or reserach data. The same as someone on the market for a vaccum cleaner, car, appliance, etc.