• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUZZWORD OF THE MOMENT: McDojo.

Stop worrying - the main thing is that YOU are happy with your training. The website looks very commercial and well presented (but I am an Internet Computing Student - so maybe I am over-analysing). But if you are not sure how good ur sensei is , visit other local Dojo's to watch - u'll soon see if you are missing out!

price for 3 days practice is around US$60-80. I don't think that you are overcharged. I hate this story of black belt club inside dojos, they charge extra for that?.

Sounds pretty good. 3-4 years seems to be relatively typical for most dojos. Depends on how "traditional" they are. I was in a dojo in MD and stayed a white belt for two years, but, it was very traditional karate. There, it took around 10 yrs to be a black belt. Go for it I say and have a blast.

Never Quit, Never Give Up, Never Surrender.....

Good luck in your training ncole, hope you enjoy it at your dojo! :karate:

As long as you're happy with the place, then why worry?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The only thing that worries me about the instructor is that I can't find any of his actual training qualifications on his biography page. It says his rank is certified through some Canadian Martial Arts organization and through th IKA headed by Tak Kubota. Now belonging to Tak Kubota's organization might lend credibility on simple name recognition. If you go to the IKA webpage you'll see that anyone can be a 5th degree blackbelt master if you can set up a convincing enough lie. I don't know about this guy. He seems like a better business man than a karate instructor. Good Luck!

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.