• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has anyone gone far enough to learn all of them? If so, how effective do you think they are?

Gong Kiu, Yau Kiu, Bik Kiu, Jik Kiu, Fun Kiu, Ding Kiu, Chieun Kiu, Tai Kiu, Lau Kiu, Wan Kiu, Jai Kiu, Deng Kiu.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone gone far enough to learn all of them? If so, how effective do you think they are?

Yes, it's a work in progress. Like any other high level martial technique, done correctly it's extremely effective. Some days it feels right, like it was created just for me. Other days....not so good.

• 2 years later...

I am new to this froum but old in Kung Fu. As I read through this I found it to very interresting. I don't want to rehash an old subject - I would just like to add some information.

Hung Ga is an extrenely strong fighting style. Some ancient Masters claimed it originated on the Chinese Boats. It was named Hung Ga and refererred to as the Hung Ga Boat Style in the old, old days. Boats are unstable, they move up down, back and forth etc. Because of this participants were taught a low stable , solid. strong stance. Jumping and kicking was limited because of the lack of space. If one encounters a Hung Ga Boat stylist on land, they will be surprised by their method of fighting, and will be in for the fight of perhaps their life. They slug it out on the spot and move right through the opponent.

Hung Ga Boat fighters prefer Closed fists styles . Vertical Fists, elbows, palms, uppercuts , backfists, leg stomps, leg sweeps, and a few kicks.

This is only one method of Hung Ga training there are certainly more.

The favored Animals are the Dragon and the Tiger/Crane.