• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know hung gar is a southern style. and it has a very deep horse stance(much simulere to my system). Thats about it.

I have some questions. Does it have many fansy high kicks, and acrobatic kicks like say, butterfly, tornado and simulere? Does it have drunken forms and monkey forms? They have broadsword and straitsword but what else?

Theres a wushu version of hung gar a long way from where I live, and I would like to know if its worth it(since theres noone here who has heard of my style(long quan pai), and you say it is one of the most respected styles).

Southern styles rarely have much developped kicks (read : fancy kicks) compared to northern styles.

The reason I heard (not saying it was true, but is interesting none the less) was because in the south there was alot of rivers and rice cultures (rice is cultivated in water) so they fought concentrating on their upper body, legs being submerged. While in the north, there were periods where they were in war with the huns (mounted warriors) and they developped those high kicks to unmount them.

Pretty cool.

Todays shaolin monks do shows, also in their temples(read jet lis biografy, an theres a national geografy episode with it). But shaolin in almost al of china has become wushu now...its very difficult to find a school with the origonalclassik shaolin styles.

Hi there, I just wish to ask how many animal forms are there in Hung Gar? I am not really familiar with Southern styles and just what's the different between Hung Gar and Choy Lee Fut?? Thank you.