• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

future...

Well, I was thinking of qutting next week, but then I'd have to get a life! :o So I guess I'll just stick with it for maybe another 20-30 years or so.

I was going to make some comments about some of the previous posts you guys made, but I figured I'd save wear and tear on my fingers since one of the mods or Patrick would have deleted the post anyway. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was thinking of qutting next week, but then I'd have to get a life! :o So I guess I'll just stick with it for maybe another 20-30 years or so.

You're going to be around that long?

I figure I'll stick with martial arts for a good, say, rest-of-my-life or so. I can see myself eventually teaching on the side (probably for free) while my military career takes me here and there. I can also foresee opening up my own dojo after I settle down, but that's many years down the line, and definitely not as a sole source of income (apart from my IRA and retirement pay...). Me and Skeptic2004 always joke that I'll open up a dojo, go broke, he'd buy it (being the economics major), and I'd end up working there...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I've already made it a part of me, it would be difficult to make it any different. I'm with it for as long as I can move, and longer.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

You're going to be around that long?

Well..that's the plan...but the older you get, the more uncertain that is.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I find it difficult to predict what my future in martial arts will be right now. I've only been in it for 7 months, and I enjoy it immensely and don't forsee quitting at any time. However, after college graduation, I have no clue what will happen to me, where I will go, what I will do, etc. etc... I can't predict the future past that. I would absolutely love to continue my martial arts training as long as I possibly can. It continually challenges me, which I enjoy.

As far as ever teaching? I doubt at this point in time that I would ever teach full-time. Part-time I would never rule out, even though that it seems tough enough to get to my next belt level, much less dan level. Eventually though, with enough work, I'm sure I will also hit that mark. :karate:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

LOL :D

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Lets just say I'm 17 now, and I can't wait to be an 80 year old martial artist... :)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

I plain on sticking with it for the rest of my life, as long as my body can take it. I'd like to open my own school. But I'd like to be, at least, 3rd or 4th dan in TKD. And, at least, 2nd dan in one other art (to give my students more than one choice). But that is way off in the distant future.

Laurie F