• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

future...

hopefully,

i wish to earn my black belts in both the arts and studies, and continue martial arts with doing philoshpy in oxford university,

exploring the inner depths of martial arts and hopefully making a living out of it!

but if that doesnt work, i hope to be an u18 world champion in the arts and star in a movie with jet li :spitlaugh:,

-ad :karate:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a career, so martial arts will not become my career until I decide to retire from what I do now. I may be in a possition to do that some time in my 40s.

I do plan to start a 2-3 time a week club in the meantime. I need to work on my teaching skills. Does anyone else find it as much harder to explain how to do something, than it is to do it yourself? :sad:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

I can't decide right now. I have my whole life ahead of me. I am deciding to go to the Military. Whether I have time for Karate is a question. The main thing I want to look at is how much I can learn now and then I look back at the past and see from where I came and how far I came.

To make a long story short, I want to do as much as I can so it can benefit me in the future.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

Quit the martial arts? Gees, i don't even remember starting. I guess it comes naturally to me, like breathing, cos i've been in it for 12/13 years, which is as far back as i can remember (i'm 18 btw)... I want to finish my university degree first and maybe do honours, then i want to do a teaching degree and afterwards work as a bouncer/bodyguard for a while. I want to obtain a teaching certificate in this new art i'm doing, Zengoshu Karate, and eventually start up my own full-time dojo. It'd be cool!

Karate classes, self-defence classes, women's street defence classes... Ooooooh mumma!!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 3 years later...

I'm hooked for life. Hopefully one day I can get to the point of mastering the content, but until that day I will take classes to learn and understand my art as best I can. Good luck to all of the Martial Artist out there in the future.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."