• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Huge redneck vs one of my instructors.

The other night some of the guys from the dojo went out for a couple of cold ones.Well everything was going as expected,cold drinks and funny stories.Then it takes a turn for the worse.A huge redneck had been sitting close to the guys from my dojo and heard some of their stories.He walks up to their table and ask if they were "karate guys".They gave him a smooth over answer like oh we try to be.He wasn't acting rude or anything at this point,just asking questions and such.Then he asked who was the baddest outta the group and they were like this little man here(Micheal O'Donnell head instructor of 4smma).The guy laughed and said "him" pointing at Micheal.After a few more silly questions the guy then walked off.Later he came back and was being very annoying,kinda laughing at them in their presents.He kept trying to pick at Micheal,but Micheal was doing an excellent job of "laughing with him" to disarm to situation.Finally the guy is like I don't think you can take me and outta nowhere pushes Micheal outta his chair.Both now standing face to face,the guy grabs Micheal by the waist and picks him up bear hug style(it was obvious that this guy was no longer playing).Micheal started raining elbows down on this guys head and in no time the dude falls.It was over almost as soon as the dude grabbed him.Man I wish I could've been there to see this moron get what he deserved.I think it's funny how untrained fighters try to stroke their ego's by picking a fight with a highly skilled fighter.Usually the trained person gives them every chance they can to walk away,but do they...no.They see this as a weakness and attack.Sad but funny none the less.

Edited by cvkid

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear that your instructor made it throu without injury. Its another example of why to train, and train hard. :)

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

Yeah micheal owns in street fights,but he had a little bit of trouble in his last fight in King of the Ring.He's still the man in my book.

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

The problem as I see it. Sometimes we have to be more discreet about our hobbies, espeacially in public places when we know we could get into trouble (bars for instance). The situation wouldn't have appeared if the guys just shut their mouth about their sotries and chose to brag about something else, like how many levels they've done in X PC game. Nobody's gonna jump to fight you when you talk about PC games or books or job. But as soon as you say MA they just lose their head :D

So maybe we should try to brag less about how good we are in this area.

I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I've got my share of "dirty" looks (hopefully nobody wanted to see me in action), so I became quite attentive when it comes to sharing this part of my life.

I wasn't there but I'm sure they were well with in their "respected area" as far as being respectful to "others".Anyhoo,I'm sure Micheal isn't worried about it.The day when we have to hide from our lack of flaws is not here,nor is it for me.I mean do we have to be hush hush about are training?NO,and if rednecks get crushed....more practice.I'm sorry but....yup!I will not altar my life style due to the ignorant and I will go where ever I choose and talk about whatever I choose,just like any other good american.

Edited by cvkid

Be nice to animals.

The problem as I see it. Sometimes we have to be more discreet about our hobbies, espeacially in public places when we know we could get into trouble (bars for instance). The situation wouldn't have appeared if the guys just shut their mouth about their sotries and chose to brag about something else, like how many levels they've done in X PC game. Nobody's gonna jump to fight you when you talk about PC games or books or job. But as soon as you say MA they just lose their head :D

So maybe we should try to brag less about how good we are in this area.

I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I've got my share of "dirty" looks (hopefully nobody wanted to see me in action), so I became quite attentive when it comes to sharing this part of my life.

Do you really think a bunch of guys who knows nothing about video games is gonna discuss pac man?

However,I do get your point,but were not gonna change our discussion about our hobbies when they can discuss....whatever.No,they're uncivil and that's not our fault.We give them every chance to walk away if they're so stupid as to pick a fight with a trained fighter.Think of how many innocent people they've probably beat up.I have no problem with beating up thug scumbags.I'm a little guy and if I hand some big dude his * in a little brown bag maybe the guy will think twice about attacking the next little guy who doesn't have any skill.We're giving back to the community....

Micheal is only 5'9...

I'm not trying to be an * Ram,but these are good guys,the rednecks are the problematic ones..not us,and if they come at us....they'll get handled.They're just old school bullies who deserve it!

Be nice to animals.

I agree with ramymensa that in some situations, or places, its best to talk of other things.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

Okay...these guys look for problems!Why not have them target us rather then the untrained nice guys.They want the fight...why not make them question their skill.What happens if we're not there....An innocent college kid gets beatup.Don't forget THESE ARE KY REDNECKS!

Be nice to animals.

Okay...these guys look for problems!Why not have them target us rather then the untrained nice guys.They want the fight...why not make them question their skill.What happens if we're not there....An innocent college kid gets beatup.Don't forget THESE ARE KY REDNECKS!

Who elected you head of the Redneck Police? :roll:

Look...Kentucky Rednecks, Texas Redneck, Alabama Redneck...or New York Rednecks...an idiot is an idiot. Your logic of going out and drawing trouble to yourself is just plain idiocy and suicidal. Are you and your friends (or your instructor) going to start nightly bar-hopping wearing t-shirts that say Don't pick on the innocent..pick on me instead!"?

These "rednecks" are all over the world, but are go by different names. A bully is just that...a bully. Unless there's a rule about the fewer the teeth, the more of a redneck you are? :D If you and your friends want to jump in and protect the innocent..go for it. I've done that a few dozen times myself, but looking for trouble isn't to bright because you will find it. As good as your instructor is, there's always somebody better out there. Plus, a beer bottle or chair to the back of the head when he isn't looking is a great equalizer.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"