• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Okinawan Karate, The Secret Art of Tuite

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pressure points are found in many karate systems....you just dont "get to it" until later on in your training.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

what is the differance between DILLMAN 'S DKI and KYUSHO INTERNATIONAL. It looks like KI are some of DILLMANS top people.

I still say OYATA is the only way to go, it was at a couple of seminars by OYATA Dillman was taught about KYUSHO and TUITE. When DILLLMAN started his RYUKYU KEMPO Taikia Oyata changed the name of his style to RYU TE.

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Oyata is most definetly TOPS in this area.....Ill back you up fully on that statement Kempocos

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

We learn Pressure points from day one in our dojo so that they are not some horrible surprise when you get to the 'high grades'. It's a bit like learning a foreign language from a young age, you can become fluent without too much problem!!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

I like Ian Abernathy's books on Kata Bunkai

"Karate's Grappling Methods " is a good one. Especially for myself who has a 2nd Dan in Karate and then realised I wanted to learn Ju Jitsu-type stuff. (Grappling). It helps me tie in what I have learned regarding Grappling to my Original style of karate.

I agree with Jax; Abernathy's book is a very good one. I also like "Grappling For Strikers" too.

It's a bit like learning a foreign language from a young age, you can become fluent without too much problem!!

lol, Angela, I think I'm the exception to this rule.

I learned Welsh from a very young age and started French when I wasn't much older. My foreign language skills are still on a par with my brain surgery skills...virtually nonexistant... :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!