• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Okinawan Karate, The Secret Art of Tuite

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TUITE is no secret, it is grappling using Pressure Points, As KYUSHO is vital point/Pressure point striking. I would seek out info from the OYATA linage of RYUKYU KEMPO here is a link to some books and tapes.

http://www.ryu-te-supplies.com/Books%20and%20Tapes.htm

"If you don't want to get hit while sparring , join the cardio class"

Morio Higoanna has a series of books and tapes, from the Jundokan (Miyazato) lineage, also, check out Okinawan Adventures...they have a series of tapes By Master Glenard Grabow, student of Toguchi and Shinjo, of the Shoreikan and Shobukan lineages , respectively. Thats for Goju Ryu......As far as Kyoshu Jitsu goes, George Dillman also has a book out as well.....probably tapes too. Theres also "Essential Okinawan Karate Do" by Dean French thats pretty good too. Jim Silvan has a book called "Okinawan Karate, its teachers and their styles".....then you also have Funakoshi's "Karate-Do Nyumon", and "Karate-Do Kyohon". Toguchi has "Okinawan Goju Ryu". Draeger/Smith put out a book called "Comprehensive Asian fighting arts"....."Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na", by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming is very good...."Kodokan Judo" by Jigoro Kano, ....."The Essence of Internal Martial Arts", part 1+2 by Johnson.......I can list lots more.....but that should hold you for a while...... :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

As far as Kyoshu Jitsu goes, George Dillman also has a book out as well.....probably tapes too.

Personally, I wouldn't give this guy a penny, whether or not his books/tapes were any good or not. The man has been making false claims for years that he can't provide any proof for, or has blatently been proven false. This hits close to home because he claims to have learned his deadly and secret tuite techniques from the late OSensei Soken Hohan, who is an important figure in my martial arts lineage.

And no, tuite isn't a secret. There are no secrets in karate...but rather things that you haven't learned yet.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Im not endorsing him......I did train with him several times at many seminars.....I let him knock me out with a triple warmer 17 shot.......I will say that some of his stuff is VERY questionable though......

Im not endorsing him......I did train with him several times at many seminars.....I let him knock me out with a triple warmer 17 shot.......I will say that some of his stuff is VERY questionable though......

Yeah, I knew you weren't endorsing him or any of the others...just giving out options..which was GREAT! What the heck is a "triple warmer 17 shot"?

I've never been to one of his seminars, but have talked to a few that have. Apparently his own students are real good about falling down and being "knocked out" when he does his stuff on them...but non-students of his don't always have the same reaction. I guess it depends on if you rely on his OK to get a promotion or not? :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

LOL.....Id say his students are probably a little more "compliant" ......TW17 is located just behind and under the ear...... I wasnt "out cold"....but he did drop and daze me substantially

......TW17 is located just behind and under the ear...... I wasnt "out cold"....but he did drop and daze me substantially

Ahhhh...I know that place! lol I just didn't know that it had a fancy name. Names are my biggest shortcoming. I know where things are and how to use them...but what the heck they're called? Beats me! lol I just tell my people..."Poke that with this"...it seems to work. :brow:

Why would you choose to hit TW17 when you have both GB20s glaring at you, just asking to be whacked? TW17 is deep and is much better for a neck wrench/jam fingers in type thing.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Back to the point from me guys:

I like Ian Abernathy's books on Kata Bunkai

"Karate's Grappling Methods " is a good one. Especially for myself who has a 2nd Dan in Karate and then realised I wanted to learn Ju Jitsu-type stuff. (Grappling). It helps me tie in what I have learned regarding Grappling to my Original style of karate.

Interesting stuff.

As for pressure-point fighting - I am a baby in that but I think it should also be introduced more into Karate! I also found it interesting that many pro boxers are trying to work on pressure points!