• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Also depends on the specific community. Classes held at community centers, churches, rec centers, etc., will cost less than private state of the art studios. Depends on what you want too.

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$35 a year for two 1.5 hour classes a week.But the cost of our dojo is covered by our hospitals' nutrision and exersize accociation. :) looks like I'm pretty lucky.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

You have to consider things like test fees, association dues, etc as well. The following are all US$.

I'm just starting in Cuong Nhu. The Dojo fees are:

$95 per mo (discounts for paying one year in full, or for having multiple family members enrolled) The dojo is open 6 days per week and offers Aikido, Judo, Muay Thai, Open Gym and Kata-specific classes in addition to regular Cuong Nhu instruction.

$15 drop-in rate

$20 test fee (compare to 60$+ in area)

$35 annual association dues (CNOMA) required for rank testing.

$3 patch to make gi regulation for testing.

My uniform was a gift from the owner; rank belts and stripes are bestowed gratis when tests are passed...

[edited to correct association dues price]

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

In our dojo we have 2 different fees, people over 20 years of age pay $30 (25EUR) and youngsters are charged $19 (16EUR) a month. I get to train 3 times a week.

That doesn't cover my other expenses, to buy new gear for example. So the total cost may be as much as double of my monthly fee.

It is a small dojo, but i like it. Devoted to teaching Shotokan Karate. For some reason i don't like the mixed MA clubs. I've been to one and quit because the sensei kept changing his MA styles. Maybe that left a bad taste in my mouth :/

• 2 weeks later...

In our dojo we charge $60 a month .Thats 12 classes .We also pay $20 for kids $30 for adults and $60 dollars for black belts to our provincial governing body which covers insurance and offsets the cost of sending teams to the Pan-Americans and the Worlds Championships