• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much is a class worth?

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The only way to know what a class is worth is to watch the class yourself and ask what is it worth to you. Do not make a decision based upon price alone. Every school is different, even schools of the same art. their emphasis are different, the instructors are different, their methods are different.

I would gladly pay $100.00 a month for lessons that I enjoyed and looked forward to rather than pay $25.00 a month for a class that I felt was mediocre.

What works works

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best sensei i had ,was not even charging i just used to buy a $25 gi for new students sometimes or new belts just to help him out.

in between i have paid average $60/moth

i pay $40/month for this last one , i pay more on gas for driving there.

i think BJJ classes are the most expensive.

£3 per lesson adult

£2 per lesson child

at our club

What is that in US currancy?

About $5 dollars for adults. It's the same as what I pay for karate lessons.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Woops, I didn't mean to insult - I just wondered because that's extremely cheap - and around here, the only classes that cheap are cardio kickboxing down at the community center.

Besides, don't worry about my assumptions - just laugh at me for knowing my ignorance.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• 7 months later...

I pay $200 a month. I know that is a lot, but the doors are open for almost 14 hours every day, but Sunday, I have access to every class (weapons, tactical self-defence) The guy that taught the CIA ops, FBI ops, NAVY Seals, and Special Ops, taught my instructors and they're certified to teach us. It's pretty cool stuff. The question I asked myself was "can you put a price on happienss, and good training?" I have yet to be un-impressed by this place. Besides, after like 2 years, it goes down to $50 bucks for the rest of my life.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind to the cost of living in the area that you train in has a big factor on what your dojo might charge. From what I have seen, almost all dojo's that are decent in my area (Baltimore, MD) Charge over $80 for starters.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 1 month later...

Here in Idaho(Depending on what City) The cost of living is fairly low. Ma classes range from $30/mnth to $70/mnth for instructors who own schools/clubs. Or you can hit up the McDojangs for anything between $90-$120/mnth($120/mnth and $1200 your first month! ACK!)

-Theadric

White Belt