• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirt cheap.. I wonder about the instruction.

I pay around 100/per month US Dollars. However my school is open 6 days a week with up to 11 hours of that being classes. Also, it is rather large and has a downstairs with multiple bags, weights, dummys, wooden dummies, stretching machines, rice buckets; etc. It is well worth it and the instruction is good.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

About 20 dollars a month for judo. 70 bucks a month for BJJ. I only drop by the wrestling club every once and a while but it's free.

When i used to take mantis it was 35 dollars.

I drive so far to get to where I train, I spend more in gas a week than I do in monthly dues...

At one place, dues are 40 dollars a month (at this place, the instructor does it for a living). At another, I supposedly pay 20 dollars a month, but the instructor insists that I give the check to one of the students because he doesn't handle the money personally. That student never seems to arrive the days I do, so I haven't paid for the past month or so...At that place, he doesn't do it for a living (or train kids, for that matter), so he's a little free when it comes to the money.

Both are actually in the same system, same style (Shorinkan Shorin Ryu), but I go to both because I really like both of the instructors. Plus, in more practical terms, I'm getting my master's degree over the next year, so I have to juggle karate classes around my academic classes since both places are about 120 miles away. It also means that every three months, my schedule changes completely (quarter system), so two different places with different schedules gives me more flexibility with which to attend classes.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

our dojo starts at 100/month and goes to 125 (if you want to fight) 150 with weapons thrown in and then 200/month to take extras not related to belt testing (such as point fighting class, grappling, cardio class). The last two are in effect for three years then the price goes down to 75 per month and 50 per month respectively for the rest of your training years with that dojo. The 200/month "class" cost about 6 dollars per class. the 150 is about 8. We figure people pay lots more for music lessons so....

Dirt cheap.. I wonder about the instruction.

Really? That is very interesting, since when has cost been any reflection on quality when it comes to MA. That's a very blinkered view to take.

Still I guess it is a far too common thing, in my view, for martial artists to come to unresearched harsh critical decisions about other martial artists.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum