• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Sagawa Kara-Fu artists here?

Shane

Hello I'm posting this to see if any of you have ever trained in the

Sagawa Kara-Fu system. If so let me know and let me know what you think of it. Thank You

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I finsd almost nothing on Google about Sagawa Kara-Fu, so I have no real information about it.

My gut feeling, just by the name Kara-Fu..is that it is a blend of karate and kungfu (DUH! :roll: ), which for me sort of brings up a "caution" flag or two. I'm not a big fan of combining arts because most of what I've seen from people that do that is that you get a poor sampling of two arts, and don't end up with a real good finished product.

My thoughts...but like I said, I don't know anything about this Kara-Fu personally.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Yes it is a combo of Karate and Kung-Fu, created by the late Paul T. Sagawa. I trained under the Sandobal Family for 4 years in this style before I joined the service and I was just seeing if I could find any other students in this art. Its been about 8 years since I have trained this style. My Instructor from this system comes down to my school and we still train but not in the Sagawa Kara-Fu system.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 4 years later...

Shane - I was trained in Sagawa Kara Fu approximately 30 years ago. The location was in Los Angeles, at a private Dojo. Do you remember Cid Adlawan, Sensei?

Please post a reply if you were there, or know the whereabouts of any other devotees to the art of Sagawa Kara Fu.

Gratefully,

BobP.

Sagawa Kara-Fu was primarily a defensive combination of Shotokan karate which incorporated various Kung-Fu procedures. Mr. Sagawa, 5th Degree Godan, left a rich heritage that was carried on years afterward. However, unfortunately, the followers have apparently all gone their own way. I remember that our organization was private and subsisted upon the donations of its' devotees. The art was very special to me, as it exemplified the good of the martial arts.

• 3 weeks later...

BobP

My name is Geno....we took class together with Sid Adlawan back in '68 and we worked together at UPS. I stayed up to blue belt (2 years) then went to northern california and i am now strictly Zheng-man Qing Yang style taijiquan and various forms of shaolin qigong.

Get in touch when you can.

hushan7@hotmail.com