• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicks to the face now allowed in WTF

i heard it is now allowed, must have been a fun day when this started.

might not be true, i only heard it from a friend.

any comments?

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicks to the spots the head gear is covering is allowed. he's saying now the face is an open target, which before was a big no-no on account of the fact that.... well, it's the face. i can't imagine that to be true, but if it is, i can only figure it's because they're tired of being called the panzy style :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

You are probably right battousai, they are tire of being called pansies!! I tried TKD, got into a lot of trouble. It's second nature for me if someone throws a kick, in essence they are letting me have thier leg, so i would take it, twist it, bend it and shape it into a nice pretty little pretzel all while attacking the face on the way down. They didn't take to kindly to that kind of fighting. I couldn't help it though, seeing that it was basically just a good workout, i stopped going. Maybe this could liven it up a bit, make it more "effective".

Never Quit, Never Give Up, Never Surrender.....

well, as i understand it, WTF TKD was never meant to be an effective MA. i've never taken ITF, but as i understand it, it's supposed to be quite effective indeed, if you have the right instructor. depends on where you go, i guess. though, i must say, second nature or not, to not have the self control to stop yourself from grabbing the leg and twisting it around into a take down... and then a kick to the face.... :dodgy:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 3 weeks later...

it is curious to know where i could find such an instructor. what TKD has taught me is very nice, but for a striking art we dont seem to be taught about a lot of places to strike.

i think TKD went down hill when people stopped emphasizing kicks to the knees, ankles and the groin. if you think about it, TKD is perfect for these things. if people would start teaching TKD as a combative art, things would change for the good. after all TKD was designed for battle field action.

the funny thing is that i know im wrong and i know your right, yet you keep argueing like it will change my mind. you should really know, you dont have to be right to win:)

It's second nature for me if someone throws a kick, in essence they are letting me have thier leg, so i would take it, twist it, bend it and shape it into a nice pretty little pretzel all while attacking the face on the way down.

I don't understand this "second nature" excuse. Hitting full contact by accident is one thing, but nobody has that much lack of control that you would grab their leg and try to twist it while attacking your opponent's face. That isn't a lack of control, that is a lack of respect for your sparring opponent.

Sounds more to me like you were just intent on proving how much better your previous training was than TKD, which is total *. The only thing you would have proved is that you have to rely on the sucker punch to be effective. And please don't tell us you didn't know what the rules of sparring were before you started, because I'm not buying that.

If you can't control your actions in the sparring arena, do the right thing and inform your sparring partner so they can decide whether they want to chance getting injured from someone that doesn't know how to spar within the rules.

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean