• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

check this bkj gym, any good?

Hello there. First post. I've always loved boxing, so when I started watching UFC fights, I naturally got realy interested in it. Same with some Thai boxing bouts they showed on mtv. (I hate admiting I watch that channel.) Thruogh a google seach, I found this ( http://www.advancedbkj.com/ ) gym close to where I live. I have a few questions.

From what you can see from their website, does it look like a quality gym? Is actually training for mixed martial arts less effective then training specific ma's as you need them for mixed martial arts competition? Muay Thai interests me the most of the popular mma styles, because it seems like the toughest workout and training. Will this be any less difficult? I'm only 15, but that just seems all the more reason to get experience early on.

Thanks,

Josh

"I like the idea of repeatedly sticking my knee in someone's face without threat of lawsuit." - me

Start mma training soon. (bjj, muay thai, boxing)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Go there and talk with one of the instructors,ask any questions you feel need answered...don't be shy.A good instructor sees this in a positive way and helps.Chances are at your age and your training level this school will be great for you.I think you'll not only find a great deal of expertise there,but also a cool feeling of comradery.Looks like a good school,have fun and train hard.Seriously bro,it looks like you found a gem,go check it out.

MMA is the way to go if you to want a learn a well rounded game.Don't worry about traditional....it's for some....but,not for you....imo

Oh yeah...check out Pride Fighting Championships.Better fighters than the UFC.

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

I'm checking out the web site right now, looks pretty cool but ofcourse I cant judge a gym by a web site. I would say go check it out and see if its for you. It did look like they have intense training and that is a must.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

THanks for the advice. I went ahead and emaild them some questions, and the guy answerd them all with good detail. Seemed nice. Deffinantly gonna go down to the gym and see what it's like as soon as I get the chance.

"I like the idea of repeatedly sticking my knee in someone's face without threat of lawsuit." - me

type Team Ground Zero in on any search the have a gym in hunington and a few other places. There also on the same team with Jorge Gurgel, and Rich Franklin two of the best fighters in the world I, am an active mma fighter and I can tell you by experience the quality of fighters Ground Zero puts out far exceeds that of advanced bkj So please check them out it will be worth it as far as quality training is involved.

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for the replies. As I said, I've been talking to the main instructor their a bit via email. He's answerd all my questions and been quite helpful. This Thanksgiving break, I finnaly get to go up there and check it out

Reading a bit more, I saw some realy neat things. Royce Gracie occasionally goes there. That's pretty tight. :)