• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kicks above the waist in a real fight?

these guys train like mad men though 10hrs a day i think that if that absorbing stuff people worked people would use it with $ on the line... then again few mma/nhb people train in aikido

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these guys train like mad men though 10hrs a day i think that if that absorbing stuff people worked people would use it with $ on the line... then again few mma/nhb people train in aikido

mad men? thats all they will be.

I really dont know how many aikido practioners are in aikido but one has to be in aikido to understand. But either way anyone chooses what one wants and what one is good at.

the absorbing thing i mentioned. is based on energy being used for the kick. If the kick is going at me at full speed on my left for instance...ill move with it and grab it and take it down and break the leg. (i dont know if i explained it well typing it) but anyways i didnt have to do much. not even a little force was used by me.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

.....haven't we been through this before?

in words, anything is possible.

what if he, as you move, plants the kicking leg and changes up to elbow you in the face?

what if he was intending a switch kick and you move straight into the second kick?

typing what you would do, is worthless.

anyone can always type a counterpoint to whatever anyone else says.

on the internet, we're all invincible keyboard warriors.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

as others on this forum have put head kicks are risky, but that does not mean they are complety useless. i personally would never kick high in a real fight but thats just me, if you can make high kicks work then by all means use them! if not stay low i cant see want all the arguing is about.

That pretty much says it for me too.

If I had their arm or other leg in a hold, maybe, and definately if I already had them bent over. But, I wouldn't take the risk, myself, if they were still at full highth with full mobility.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

i would not diss on mma/nhb fighters some of those guys are very nice people out side the ring. once again gilbert i mean no offense but it just seems that i disagree with you more than others, but have you ever actually been in a confrontation.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I Feel high kicks a easily defended and not worth the risk when there are so many more effective less risky techs avail....

I believe that a good front kick is the core to most head shots. If you nail a good front kick, it'll wind your opponent, doubling them over. Then, elbow smash to the head or knee to the nose.

Current: Yellow Belt in GojuRyu. White Belt in Kabudo.