• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kicks above the waist in a real fight?

anyone good enough to kick someones head on the street with a good chance of it working would still be better off taking out the legs- which would still just take one hit with someone that skilled. and its still less risky, no matter how good you are you can still fall on your * if something goes wrong.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and go for those head kicks in the street, it is the best thing any MA can do, head kicks yea. Perfect balance, perfect technique, perfect distance and oh yea hopefully a perfectly unaware idiot standing in front of you. I think of all of the above the idiot in front is the most valuable asset to have in a high kicking confrontation otherwise, know how to grapple when ya hit the ground and while yer down there becareful of the rocks, glass and oh yea, his buddies, and if you get yer leg caught by the not so unaware guy its ok the most he can do is break yer ankle, bust yer knee, kick yer groin, or just run down the street draggin ya, so go head and assume the guy in front is an idiot, who knows he might be, or. Just mine

Survivor

I hope I have not offended anyone with the "idiot" statement so, if you are an idiot I appologise but, if you are an idiot will you know that I am talking to you, hmmm, well to be on the safe side and show I have a good heart, cover yer head someone is trying to kick you in it. If you see a person wearing a "I do head kicking MA'' duck and run, if it says "I do butkicking MA" cover that and run, if it says"I get my kicks at so and so" go and watchem get kicked, makes you wonder who the idiot is if someone will advertise the location where the are getting kicked all the time and want people to come and watch. Strange world, see ya all you soon to have busted knees guys later. Just mine

Survivor

kutgou

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

siufeifei; No I am saying that even the pro's fall down sometimes and that in the street it is better of safer to keep the kicks low, the idiot part is the guy who does not see it coming or is to inept to do anything about it, the perfect person for the high kick, people who have trained in simular manner to the way I have would be less likely to fall so easily for the higher kicks. What do I train in? Ok, I train in concepts from boxing to chin-na to ground fighting, the part that would help people such as myself is the san shou, and kick boxing as well as the ground fighting when it comes to entry and shooting for a ground technique, not that I recommend ground fighting for the streets as a first choice. As for the high kick do you not think that with all the people that do or have done TKD that they if trained properly maynot fall so easily much less the Tai fighter and or kickboxer. Hey its just my opinion and if you like kicking high, go for it, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Survivor

So are you saying that those who can kick the head will only use kicks to the head? The only idiot I see here is the one making assmptions about the way people will fight because of something they can do. Not all high kicks are 'seeable'. The execution of some kicks, be they high or low are exactly the same. The shooting type kick I mentioned before being one of them. The front kick too, can be aimed for the jaw with little sacrifice in terms of speed, accuracy, power and non-telegraph AND this is the easiest kick to tag onto simple punch sequences.

You attack what is most useful and easiest for you to do so. In some cases, the only available target is low BUT if the target is high and you know you can get a good shot in, why not? Because everyone goes on about high/head kicks being useless? They're useless if YOU are useless at doing them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're a must do thing. I'm just saying that to rule them out because of general opinion is stupid because there are those who can use them and have used them successfully.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

If you can pull off a kick to the head, chances are you can pull off a kick to the legs/lower body as well. So why risk kicking to the head, when a low kick will still do a lot of damage in the majority of street fights.

I think the point most ppl are trying to make is not that high kicks are ineffective, but simply that there are kicks that assume less risk, but are still effective.

Like a midget at a urinal, I'm always on my toes

Siu, ok I am an idiot,so whats new? I will kick to the head and/or knee the head everytime that I can, it is that when I do the head will be between waist and gound level. So there I do not rule out head kicks, shoot in a street situation I think it is a simple way to end the confrontation, chop'em down them take'em out. So now that I have admitted that I too like head kicks can you and I be friends, and I want you to understand that I never assumed that that is the only kick (headkick) it just seemed to be what everyone was talking about and I gave my unhumble opinion. I have been humbled by you and your beliefs, but in my training the only person who lands the good head kicks is the really good or the ones facing the unprepared. It is just not a risk I am willing to take in the streets unless, there again the head is where I want it not where my aggressor wants it nor will I teach it to those who come to me for self-defense, sport sure, real life no.

Survivor