Kicks above the waist in a real fight?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kicks to the stomache are occasionally called for in a street fight. friend of mine got in a fight with three guys (unskilled guys, where as hes been wrestling all his life and been doin muay thai for 5-6 years or so) and one of them left his stomache wide open, so he thai kicked across it and actually made him projectile vomit. head kicks though, no way.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I'd stay away from kicks to the head in street fights. I might throw some kicks to the stomach or ribs if I caught the person off guard. For the most part, though, I'd go low, because it's less defendable, very effective for getting people to go down to the ground, etc.

i like high kicks to the face personnally more then punching i practice them alot and in a real fight no ones ever caught them

and i scissor kick to the face is very quick and it fakes them out to thinking your going to kick with your other leg its my favorite kick and as for ppl countering high kicks you could esily roll on your back and kick them off or roll over yourback then have them on thier back and do a lock or punch out or you could use them holding your leg and use your other leg to whip kick them in the face i dont understand why people hate face kicks in actual fights

too sweet

• 4 weeks later...

Batman2 your a pretty funny guy but, to be serious you have been lucky to have only fought the uninformed or the stupid, and thats not a bad thing and to your good luck but be always wary of those who may pass that high kick or just catch it, one leg fighting still has not cought on very well among any of my associates. It sounds as if you have spent alot of time in the traditional which is great but you might want to broaden your knowledge by doing some cross traing with different combative style and less sport. Hey its just my opinion

Survivor

usually in a fight, if you get kicked in the head and he has a fast kick just step back. tae kwon do practitioners are usually the ones who like to kick to the head due to their training. but they easily and quickly loose their balance. just push them when they lift their leg. i dont think one leg can hold all the weight of them. really simple.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

Yeah, a few years back I was in a tournament and I threw high kicks (Not even with intent to hit) just to scare em - but a kick to the head is rediculously dangerous and powerful. I have never seen anyone punch as hard as they kick (Never), and I wouldn't risk it for the safety of both people in a tournament. Unless for some reason they start using WWE moves.... then it'd be straight out funny, and mean.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

Have any of you watched European Kickboxing matches? Those guys have no trouble throwing super quick and accurate kicks above the waist. Also remember that this is in a match when both fighters are expecting these but they still get through. You have to remember that the usual kick people imagine when talking about high kicks are the roundhouse type. How-ever, a lot of people train to chamber their kick as high as they can and shoot straight out. It is very quick and give you very little to block as it shoots straight towards you very much like how a punch does.

If you train to kick high and you're comfortable with how you kick and are confident in your, hopefullly tested, abilities then why not? Use what you know to be your best and most trusted techniques. Don't not use them just because someone who can't tells you to.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.