• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Krav Maga any good?

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I study KM and I have also studied other martial arts. My goal was to be able to defend myself without thinking...and KM is providing that. Krav is not for everyone, though. It takes a high level of conditioning. There are many opinions out there...which is why there are many MA styles out there.

• 2 weeks later...

i think krav maga is great for self defense.

It does depend a lot on the instructor though.

don't just look at the techniques, a lot of krav maga is training concepts to teach you to respond under pressure etc.

Personally when it comes to self defense i like to learn from people with practical experience in self defense.

I've learned more from my boxing and mma instructors than my jiu jitsu instructor just because they had professions that put them in situations (police and bouncer)

I also have to use it for real in my job sometimes and don't believe people who learned it just from a textbook and dojo training ,when they talk about what happens in real life.

A thing to look for is a lot of alive training.

There should be exercises where you get to test if the techniques work.

Examples are sparring sessions where your opponent(s) can suddenly draw a knife and attack anyway he feels like. Or you do completely different and somebody comes up to you with something you don't expect so you have to use instinctive reactions. etc. etc.

ask the trainer about methods used.

just learning a bunch of techniques will not do the trick.

so vis pacem para bellum