• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Krav Maga any good?

I wanna join a KM school and hoping i can defend myself well on the streets if it ever comes to a fight and really beat the * out of em for punishment!

But i would like to hear other people's opinion about KM.

What do think makes KM so effective and whats the downside if there's any? Is it easy/fast to learn? etc.

Everyday is a fight

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not going to give an opinion on KM. But, if you are looking to 'beat the *' out of someone, I wouldn't study anything. Training in a martial art will only increase your liability and probably your jail/prison time. Your objective in a fight is to survive in good shape, not punish him. The courts think that is their job, and don't take kindly to you doing it for them!

'Course, I'm not saying he won't get hurt in the process of your 'surviving'. But once you go too far, you become the aggressor, guilty of assault.

Freedom isn't free!

:D True enough. And there are the times you have to make an example, or just 'persuade' someone. But, you have to know going in that you are taking a seriouse legal risk.

Personally, if i were going to learn a CQC system, I'd go for a WWII (Fairbane, Sykes, Applegate) based system.

Freedom isn't free!

Krav Maga is WAY more martial than Art, and if you want to just beat the crap out of someone, it's probably a good choice...Meaning that it isn't really based on a "way" as are most other martial arts, it's just a way of fighting...

Have you checked out any history or anything on it?

https://www.karatebarn.com

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..." Phil. 4:13

As far as beating the you know what out of them I wont comment on.

But for KM, you can learn some good techniques it pretty much cuts straight to the point and most of the techniques are combat proven and used by Isral. Security Forces.

Good Luck

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

Krav is just nihon jujutsu revisited with a few gun and grenade disarms thrown in. Just because it has breaking and gouges don't pump it up as more than it is; breaking-heavy arts have existed for a long time.

"I said powerful and quick side kicks like bruce lee ones...NOt just normal ritarded side kicks.

Argh...nevermind.

(idiots)"

Arfoo from shaolinwolf.com

Krav Maga is crap. It's simply a bunch of martial artists that want to market off of the conflicts in that area of the world. While there are some decent things in KM, there are also many methods that are almost suicidal.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• 4 weeks later...

I know a guy who studies KM, nothing new when it comes to the tehnics, basicaly kick and punch, twist and swep kinda stuff, except they are being tought in a way that every conflict results in death of the assailant or with a very serious injury like taking his eye out. :-?

hara wo neru