• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best Martial Art?

Ok basically what I am asking is, if you take a master from each type of martial art and put them all together, who would win?

In other words, is Kung Fu more useful than Judo in a combat situation? Is Judo more useful than TaeKwanDo? Etc...

The famous martial artists seem to mostly do Kung Fu. Is Kung Fu the most effective or what?

Learner GoGoGo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I like to think of who the fighter is, each MA has its own stregnth and weaknesses, it just depends on whoever is fighting and how he/she can use and apply those stregnths and weaknesses in combat.

If you take a crooked path and have to go through a cliff. Either hope there is a bridge, or learn to fly.

Exactly! It is the person's own ability within their art that matters, not the name of the art.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

I agree its more about the fighter not the style. I will say that some styles and or schools limit what their students learn. But as far as finding what style is the best, I dont believe its possible to decide that. And even if you tried to find out by fighting these so called masters of the art, you still have to remember that every dog has their day, so you just dont know.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

depends on whoever is fighting

It is the person's own ability

its more about the fighter not the style

That's why I have to bite my lip and laugh to myself when people tell me stuff like "Oh you take Tae Kwon Do? You'd get creamed in a Karate match because YOUR STYLE doesn't use a lot of punches."

How would you like to use your karate against a Kyudo stylest?

ps: Kyudo is the traditional art of Japanese archery.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Not another one of these threads........sighs.....

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"