Why is Muay Thai so good?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trees don't have much to do with it. They did that in the old days before the use of heavy bags. Also, remember, it was bananna trees that they kicked - the bananna tree has softer bark than pretty much any other tree. Fighting full contact every week will definitely take it's toll on you. many of those guys have had well over 100 fights. You can imagine the type of damage that would do...

come to think of it, thats probably why americans can beat thai boxers so readily (at least thats how it seems to me. whenever i hear about it- like on that mtv true life thing with master toddys fighters.)

What the hell are you talking about? Have you ever seen a real thai-boxing match besides that MTV I am an Muay-Thai fighter crap?

While I agree that many styles have merit, I have decided (after watching many styles, sparring with many from other styles and studying TKd + GJ Karate) that MT is one of the best striking arts out there with a very good clinching system. MT is basic, effective, brutal and powerful. The fighters are in peak physical condition and can take and dish out abuse.

Pull a Muay Thai person in a boxing competition, against a boxer, and he'll get smoked.

Depends on their training, but you do know that a number of boxing champs were former MT practicioners who could not gain enough recognition being simply only MT?

Pull a Muay Thai person in a boxing competition, against a boxer, and he'll get smoked.

Depends on their training, but you do know that a number of boxing champs were former MT practicioners who could not gain enough recognition being simply only MT?

and you can bet they had to train western boxing in order to be competitive.

• 4 weeks later...

why worry about the westerner boxing? :lol: muay thai fighters train in everything, hands, elbows, legs. i think the trademark muay thai moves are leg kicks and elbows... why would a really good muay thai fighter think "even in a boxing match against a westerner i would win"

i know y'all are just talking about it, i mean no offense. just my opinion.

oh, and muay thai fighters are TOUGH. those guys from thailand and laos are SMALL compared to most fighters and they can take soooooo much more than anyone else i've seen in the martial arts. (on average)