• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hurricane Jeanne

Red J

OK guys, I'm hunkered down ready to ride out yet another hurricane to hit Florida. I will probably be "off the air" for a few days so I expect everyone to keep this place going. :D

We are forecast to get the southern eye wall to pass over my area again(remember Frances). This time the storm is moving faster but it is a lot stronger. I really hope that this storm starts to turn. We are looking at landfall at 2 am tonight.

Red J out.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
wait... you people in America give.. names to hurricanes,...

Yep! They make dandy pets! :P We don't name the tornadoes, though. Just rope 'em, ride 'em, and send 'em on up th' alley! 8)

Styles: Hurricane Kempo

:lol: Hope it works, bro.! But, doesn't your style of Kempo teach avoidance?! :D

Seroiusly, hang in there and stay safe (or as safe as possible). Same with Jerry and any other Floridians out there.

Freedom isn't free!

OK, we are up and running. Again, we were on the south side of the eye wall and experienced some 90+ mph winds. Luckily this storm blew through quickly with only 6 hours of hurricane force winds. Since the ground was saturated from Frances we did get some flooding with about 8 inches of rain in 24 hours. The eye of Jeanne hit landfall only two miles from Frances.

My power just got turned on. It helps being on the same grid as a fire station and a water treatment plant as the power company always restores these grids first along with the hospitals. I am grateful that we only lost a few roof tiles. It could have been a lot worse and it was for those people just north of the eye.

Hopefully we are done for the season.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Glad to hear you were able to weather another one! And the experts are saying that October is supposed to be worse. Let's hope not!!!

I have two Aunts one in Stuart and another near Vero beach. Haven't heard from them yet. Hope they are OK as well!

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

wait... you people in America give.. names to hurricanes,...

Yep! They make dandy pets! :P We don't name the tornadoes, though. Just rope 'em, ride 'em, and send 'em on up th' alley! 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHA!

Kill is love