Ever been attacked? Delt with with a real world "situat

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been doing bar/niteclub security for 19 years, and bodyguard work for 10.

My training has helped immensely

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

My profile should be listed....check it out. :-)

Id back you up....but more importantly...Id teach you how to fight your own battles....and win. :D

MJ you're located in NY? What part of NY? The club scene must be great. I'm located in Brooklyn. When I get out of high school and while I was in college I have always wanted to do some bouncer work. Lets here some details and stories.

Okay, mine was a while ago, but it's my favorite story to tell my students. I use it as an example for if a fight is unavoidable, how to win without seriously injuring your opponent, no matter how big they are.

So, I'm walking into school, about...eh...three years ago...maybe more...about eight minutes late. There's a courtyard in between our classrooms, and the whole thing was empty except this one older kid who had a reputation for being...less than ideal for our Christain school atmopsphere.

To this day, I have no idea what provoked him; whether it was sometihng personal, or if he just was having a bad day and felt like beating on a little kid (I'm about...eh...four years younger). I saw him walking toward me, but didn't think much about it until he grabbed my shirt with both hands at my chest and pulled me forward.

He was about a foot taller than me, and probably fifty pounds heavier. I was a brown belt at the time, and still rather scrawny and geeky (I didn't hit puberty until about 15 (last year). Now, of course, my muscles that I had been acquiring through my Kenpo training have come to me, and I am known as 'Mr. Stud'. Or just Peter. Either one). I digress.

Nevertheless, I slammed my right hand down on top of his hands, stepped back with my right foot and dropped into a low fighting stance, left heel off the ground, dropping his height zone. I then used the first strike of the technique Lone Kimono, for you AK students/teachers, striking his elbows with my forearm. I hop checked, swapping my right hand for left, and close-punched his solar plexus with my right hand (much like Cross of Death).

He let go immediately, staggering back, though, now that I think about it, most likely in suprise. I stayed in my fighting stance, scawny little wuss glaring straight into the bully's eyes. Without a word, he turned and stalked back into his classroom.

SCORE FOR KENPO!!!

Sorry.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker