• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

should i learn ninjitsu

pentaxphoto

Hello everyone,

I've been away from my computer for the last couple of days but now I'm back, so let me catch up here.

miguksaram - Yes I have been to Japan more than once and have "checked things out". We are planning another trip in about 7 months from now as well.

Phrost - I must disagree with your post about people being "re-enactors", or "sports fighters". I am neither one of those. I am a martial artist that studies for self defense. I use my skills against real people on an almost daily basis in my job. These situations are as "real" as life and death can be.

Drunken Monkey - I have studied this art for a long time and have yet had to "climb a tree".

Wounded Ronin - What training experience do you have in the Bujinkan? We don't use "patterns" (such as: he does this-you do that in steps 1, 2 ,3)and there are no "katas" (like the ones used in other MAs). We use the word, but its not the same thing. Hatsumi dosen't "make this stuff up" and compared to what he could be doing to "make money" out of this, he is making very little. He is a medical doctor, has a PHD and is an internationally recognized artist. He doesn't need to "con" money out of us. And as far as the detailed physical evidence goes, I'm guessing you are talking about techniques, that knowledge has been passed down from grandmaster to grandmaster verbally and in writting for hundreds of years. Now on to Rick Tew. If you know anything about ninjutsu, 5 seconds into the first video tells you that he is not doing ninjutsu. Even on his website it states that his training is a "replacement for ninjutsu". His kicks and movements look more Korean to me. He is obviously one of the many fakes that I have talked about on numerous threads here. Now, whats with all this "ego" and Egotistical" talk. How many practitioners have you sat down with and talked to? Ego is one thing that is deffinately missing in the bujinkan dojo.

I will say this one more time. Students of ninjutsu do not consider themselves as ninjas. We do not wear the Hollywood ninja costumes and run around with swords on our backs. We don't wear masks or hoods and we don't climb trees or hide in the potted plants. Ninjutsu is the most well rounded MA avialable today. It is real and it is very effective. As I have said, I prove its effectiveness all time at work. Thank you.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninjutsu is all about hand seals that represent animals to summon up tricky moves so you can create shadow clones and shoot fireballs.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

Ninjutsu is silly. It's a bunch of silly people trying to base a martial art off of romantic mythos feudal Japan. In reality, Ninjas were anyone that trained in fighting systems illegally in feudal japan. They were not people that had supernatural powers and fought in black pajamas.

:lol:

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

• 2 weeks later...

if you ask me i veiw the ninja as a type of hitman. you dont see many hitmen who are silent and creepy. well creepy yes silent anything but. probally the most common hit would be drive up beside and shoot method. this is clearly not a ninja style and if you ask me ninjitsu has almost nothing to do with ninjas except for the escapeing "tricks".

any way all ninjas really were was a guy who used ordanary household items as a weapon when all weapons were outlawed.

I didn't even know being a ninja was a style... heh. I thought that was a hollywood thing.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

Ninja is as much as a style as pro wrestling- they both use smoke, household weapons, and masks. :lol:

:lol: