• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

should i learn ninjitsu

pentaxphoto

Jerry.. there are no ninjas today. And no, their training wasn't all that unique to the area, just to Americans who don't know any better....

With all due respect, your information is incorrect. There are ninja still around today and their historical training was (and still is) very different from all other MAs. All anyone needs to due to get factual information about the ninja and ninjutsu, is to read one of the many books written by Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi.

Train like your life depends on it....Because it does.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Dr Hatsumi is telling truth with his books. There are "ninja" around today, but they are simply weirdos that follow the mysticism and mythos of the ninja stories, along with all of the woo woo magic.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Why don't you beleive Hatsumi? If you read his books you would have a better understanding of the art. It is typical for those who have not studied the art to use such words as "weirdos and woo woo magic" when refering to ninjutsu. I will agree that there are some weidos out there that like to dress up in costumes and believe the hollywood image of the ninja, but those are not the people that truly study this art and imbrace it's philosophies.

I you want to wear black pajamas and play ninja, feel free.

I did see a Discovery special that featured a "real" ninja dojo in Japan. They grandmaster said that commanding magic was the ultimate goal of ninjitsu. Was that the same guy?

My question is.. why do you believe Hatsumi?

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

I you want to wear black pajamas and play ninja, feel free.

I did see a Discovery special that featured a "real" ninja dojo in Japan. They grandmaster said that commanding magic was the ultimate goal of ninjitsu. Was that the same guy?

My question is.. why do you believe Hatsumi?

Ninjas did not, and do not wear "black pajamas". The historical ninja did not wear a "ninja outfit" like they do in the movies. They didn't even wear the color black because it actually stands out at night . When needing to conceal themselves in the wilderness, they would wear greens and browns. When needing to blend in with the townsfolk they would wear regular clothing. When they were in open warfare on a battlefield, they would wear the historical Japanese armor. The "black ninja outfit" comes from the Kabuki Theater, not history.

Without any context to reference the statement made by the reported "grandmaster", I can not commit on that.

I believe Hatsumi Soke because I have studied and practiced ninjutsu for 20 years. I first joined in 1984, and after 20 years of training, studying and researching the ninja and the art of ninjutsu, I have no reason to doubt or disbelieve him.

You have'nt answered my question. Why do you disbelieve him?

I don't believe him because I haven't seen any evidence.

So, you think you're a ninja?

BTW, I've heard different versions of the ninja myths, from black pajamas to spies, like you describe. I see you are a disciple of the Hatsumi, so I'm sure my doubts about your master will offend you.

Evidence? Evidence of what?

No, I don't think I'm a ninja. I only study the ninja arts. I do have a pair of black pajamas tho, they keep me warm in the winter time.

I'm not offended by anything you or anybody else has to say about Hatsumi. Fire away!

Just out of curiosity, have you ever traveled to Japan and gone to the general public and asked about ninjitsu? Have you seen any ninjitsu schools in Japan, I mean outside of hanshi's school?

With respect,

Jeremy

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to point at him and laugh

I was born in Okinawa and lived there until I was 8. I visited when I was 14. I was in Toride, Japan last year for about 4 months. The subject of ninja is somewhat of a funny subject, and it's embarrassing to bring it up. Not one person I talked to about it think ninja's exist today. There were mixed opinion about what role ninja served in history. Basically, the public isn't a good source of info about the subject of ninja.