• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Errrrr....remember me? ^_^

Kamiya

Wow, so much anime, so little time. ^_^

I've got Noir (and several other series) on CD's (I downloaded them off the internet, evil I know.) I haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

Anime is indeed expensive. That's why I've taken to either downloading it, or buying imported versions off of eBay. The imported versions of series are packed onto fewer DVD's, so it's WAY cheaper. So far I haven't had a problem with taking this route. Plus a lot of the imports have the American voices as well, in case you aren't a subtitles person. ^_^

edit: almost forgot to add. I also have Boogiepop Phantom on CD's, and I watched it all in one day. I would not recommend doing this. Not only is it time consuming to watch ANY 12 episode series all in one shot, but when it's something as mind-bending as Boogiepop... :o Suffice it to say I was mentally AND physically exhausted after my little marathon. :D

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Boogiepop Phantom was pretty trippy, but I'm into that sort of thing. The manga was excellent as well.

You didn't like Nadesico? You must not watch enough robot anime...it was the perfect spoof of all robot anime and had a plot of it's own (parodying all robot anime and still having a plot that works, despite using some of the cliches it was making fun of).

As far as Kiddy Grade goes (despite the just plain weird title), it seemed just okay at first, but then it totally changed direction...like 4 times, and it still worked. Unlike most shows that change direction, the characters didn't go back to normal as before, they actually had progression...that's why I liked it.

Samurai Deeper Kyo just caught my interest because it was an alternative historical fiction, and since I know a lot of Japanese history, it was fun. Not to mention the main character wasn't your cliche hero.

Noir has an elegance to it (even if the first episode includes killing someone with their own necktie...) that I liked, and the music was simply superb.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

i didn't like nadesico either, but then again, i really don't like robot anime. maybe i just don't watch the right ones?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I enjoy all this anime chat, but I'm surprised the mods haven't moved us to a different forum, or slapped us on the wrists for being hideously off-topic. ^_^

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt