Kamiya

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, the trouble with anime is it's just so expensive, and there's no where around here i've found yet where you can really rent much of it, except DBZ, so if i buy it and end up not liking it... that's $25 or so down the drain, which is never a nice feeling. i've been waiting for a ranma/trigun owning buddy to come along... spriggan too.

oh, and el hazard was another anime series i really got into.

I've got spriggan. I have purchased trigun, but haven't received it yet. I've got the fatal fury trilogy too.

dude... ebay is my best friend. ranma is 122 episodes and a crapload of dvds - I got it for 70 bucks. kenshin is 96 episodes and I got it for like 75 bucks. shaman king is 15 or so dvds and I got it for 30...

what I REALLY want is the dragon warrior series. It aired in the early 90's and was done by akira toriyama, so the art and animation was similar to DBZ. it was named after the dragon warrior/dragon quest video game series, but wasn't quite based around it. I can't find it for sale anywhere. I don't even know if it's available for sale.

Edited by SevenStar

is there a hollywood video where you live? If so, check them out. The ones in my city have about 50 anime titles for rent - tenchi, x, vampire hunter d, bubble gum crisis, metropolis, final fantasy, ys, princess mononoke and several other titles. They are in a separate anime section. in the kids section, they have dbz, db, transformers, etc.

yeah, there's one in town, but i've never been there. my dad always had a personal war with them, so we never went. i'll give them a look see, thanks for the tip :)

i really got into orphen too; a friend of mine lent me the tapes. but i only got to the first 2 or 3 before she sold them (@%#&!), and i never finished the series.

and i got the whole kenshin series on VCD for free... :D though the raijuta disc wont play. just as well though, that was kind of a crappy part of the series, and i have that tape anyway, as well as a few others :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

oh, most definitely. unless of course you include the OVA in the series, in which case i'm gonna' have to throw down trust and betrayal as the best. IMHO.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

hence my avatar, actually. had to fight back a tear during that ending... you should certainly watch them kamiya, they're fantastic. hey, how'd that get on there...?

what do you all watch besides kenshin?

Oy. There isn't a short list (my anime collection runs in the hundreds of dvds...), but I'll settle with some favorites...

Noir

Macross (and Macross: Do You Remember Love? and Macross Plus)

Maison Ikkoku

Serial Experiments Lain

Ranma 1/2 (manga was 10x better though)

Rurouni Kenshin (ditto)

Cowboy Bebop

Boogiepop Phantom (and the manga, Boogiepop wa Warawanai)

Mobile Battleship Nadesico

Hellsing

Fushigi Yuugi

Tenkuu no Escaflowne

Trigun

Shinseiki Evangelion

Mononoke Hime

Jin-Roh

Haibane Renmei

Azumanga Daioh (perhaps one of the funniest manga I've ever read)

Inuyasha

Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Witch Hunter Robin (when you're in that gothic mood, I guess)

Kiddy Grade (Awesome series...why did they choose such a wrong sounding name?)

Orphen (I had my doubts at first, but it really grew on me)

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Slayers!

The list could go on and on...

(I don't just have a geek hat when it comes to this...it's more of a full body geek suit, if you will)...

Did I mention I do, um, cool stuff, like, uh, learn how to fight?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

noir is great, from what I've seen of it, so is boogipop phantom. I love the animation for witchhunter robin, but other than that it couldn't really hold my interest.

bebop is the best of all time, IMO. I have that series and the movie in english and in japanese.

inuyasha is good. I've got some music from it on the mp3 player.

I didn't care for nadesico too much, that one didn't hold my interest either.

coincidentally, I was going to buy samurai deeper kyo a few weeks ago, but didn't know if it was any good or not. I may have to check it out.

I've never heard of kiddy grade - I'll check it out too.