• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Errrrr....remember me? ^_^

Kamiya

Hey all, hopefully everyone hasn't forgotten me. ^_^ It's been awhile since I posted here. I have a busy schedule filled with working, playing video games, doing karate, and watching anime. :wink: Also, I've been researching buying a lizard, so I've been spending more time on lizard forums than karate forums.

ANYWAY, I should say something on topic. For much of August I slacked off big time in karate, only going once or twice a week. But, I'm trying to get back on track. I went three days last week, and have already gone twice this week; I'm hoping to go Friday and Saturday as well. (Last night I had a GREAT workout. Whew, was I tired after that. ^_^)

Also, on August 27th I received my white belt with yellow stripe (9th kyu.) Yay!

So, I'll try not to be such an absentee from now on. I think my level of motivation in karate is directly proportional to how often I read these forums...so I better get my act together! ^_^

~Erin

9th Kyu

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that you have re-motivated yourself and hopefully before long you are in the upper belts of your chosen style of karate.

Good Luck.

KFM

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

as soon as I saw the name kamiya, I knew you were an anime fan. (I have that whole series on dvd, by the way) anime tends to inspire me to want to train. I've been doing it for so many years that going to class is habit, but when I am slacking at home, popping in anime kicks my solo training up a notch. try it. :)

Heh, that series was excellent, but the manga was ten times better!

The latest OVA didn't do any justice whatsoever to the Kenshin and Enishi showdown, period. Or everything that led up to it...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

i dunno, the kenshin/jinai battle was particularly awsome... the rest of it was lack luster, though. i was pretty dissapointed with the 3 seconds aoshi and saito combined got in screen time. still, it concluded the series nicely... y'know, for someone who never read the manga.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai