• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

smarter than your teacher

pentex_camera

I've had quite a few dumb teachers in my educational career. In Ontario it does not seem like a person needs a lot of credentials to be a teacher in a elementary school or a high school - just two teachable subjects. Most of my teachers in high school only had a bachelors degree in something and went on to teachers college which is only 1 year. Anyway education is not a pre-requisite (sp?) for intelligence.

A funny time came to mind when I read this thread. I remember when a teacher and I had an arguement regarding whether or not people in India drink cow's milk. I told her that people in India drink cow's milk and its not against any religious guidelines however she wouldn't budge and insisted that she was right even though I told her that my I would know because my parents are from India and I've been there 3 times.

Anyway point being is that just because people have pieces of paper framed and on their office or bedroom wall does not neccessarily mean they are very smart. I've met people with Ph'd's whom have absolutely no common sense or communication skills.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and i met a black man that wasn't black. :roll:

There are always going to be exceptions, but the norm far outweighs the exceptions. In the case of instructors, i've found it more to be those who are good instructors, and those who simply suck at relaying their knowledge to others. The intelligence aspect rarely comes into play, at least for the purposes of relaying information... teaching.

If, however, you want to debate with your teacher, telling him he's wrong on something unrelated to the topic matter he should be instructing on, and thus disrupt his class just because you want to impress upon the class that you have knowledge on things the teacher does not... well, by all means. :roll:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro