• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

smarter than your teacher

pentex_camera

Isnt it horrorably depressing to find out that your smarter than your teacher you feel like your wasting time and you spend most your time reading because you get everlything done earler why is it that someone would hire someone less intellagant then a student? any sujections?

the most powerful weapon is a credit card

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had some really, truly awful teachers in my time. truly bottom of the barrel. i have a pretty bad teacher right now. but never for an instant did i ever assume that i was smarter than them. the mere fact that they're older than me shows they've probably done and seen more than me. even in the off chance that they know less than me on the subject, which has yet to happen, that dosen't mean i have nothing to learn. it's quite foolish to just declare yourself smarter cuz you're catching on the material faster, or s/he's making a few mistakes here and there.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

I'm sure I'm smarter than a lot of teachers at my school. But teachers aren't hired because they're smarter than the students, they're hired because they know more than the students.

Some teachers will waste your time and some classes will be a waste of your time. But remember, one day you're going to waste another persons as well... like... right now.. with this thread.. no just kidding!

It's all relative, baby!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

If I wasn't happy with the instructor I don't think I'd stay around for long.I begin my search,pay up any dues and be gone.

Demons live in the shadows of this world where the uncritical mind fails to shine the light of reason.

Be nice to animals.

Isn't it horribly depressing to find out that you're smarter than your teacher? You feel as if you're wasting time and find you spend most of your time reading because you get everything done earlier. Why is it they would hire someone less intelligent than a student? Any suggestions?

Please don't tell me it's your English teacher. :roll:

Edited by White Warlock

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Isn't it horribly depressing to find out that you're smarter than your teacher? You feel as if you're wasting time and find you spend most of your time reading because you get everything done earlier. Why is it they would hire someone less intelligent than a student? Any suggestions?

Please don't tell me it's your English teacher. :roll:

You beat me to it...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Some could be. :) Age isn't necessarily an indicator of anything, so you have to give everyone a fair shot.

On the subject of the thread... whether or not you are smarter than your teacher is not the point. You are there to get your education and the teacher is teaching you from a curriculum. They don't know it all and they don't have to or need to. They can consult the curriculum for that. But, you are there to learn it and in turn, become smarter and more knowledgeable. A teacher doesn't have to be smarter than you to be a good teacher, either.

So, its a part of life... get your education the best that you can - and get out of there! ;)

Isnt it horrorably depressing to find out that your smarter than your teacher you feel like your wasting time and you spend most your time reading because you get everlything done earler why is it that someone would hire someone less intellagant then a student? any sujections?

i had an agrument in 6th grade about how to pronounce the word "Grebe" which is a water bird. She kept saying GREEBEEE and I corrected her it was pronounced GREEB..and I was intensesly studing birds on my own at that time. We have Western Grebe here in SoCal :-)

Buslady of SoCal