• 10 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, when i get adrenaline shakes, I try to think of it as "Powering Up" Very simplistic I know but simply changing your way of thinking about it --into a positive rather than negative thought-- is a good way of using the meditation idea--works too.

If you have time though, that is a perfect time to practice your technique because you not only build muscle memory but you experience what it would be like in real life!

When fear is removed, the arrogance of uncertainty is dispelled and it is therefore no longer necessary to prove yourself in any form of combat. By learning how to fight, you learn how not to fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Just do more sparring..... I used to have the same thing as that, and after sparing alot or being put in the rng in situations like that Its been happening less and less because im used to the situations now.

If i may interject... me and four other of my friends got into a fight with roughly 20 drunks kids who mistook us for someone else. Needless to say, the adrenaline kicked in as soon as i saw my friend get swarmed all of a sudden by these guys. There was no time to think, all i heard in my head was, "i HAVE to save steve" and i jumped in and started pulling people off of him.

However, after that brief exertion my hands felt like lead and i froze up. Next thing you know i see a menu stand flying towards my head as well as 5 other guys. The rest, as they say, is history. Don't get me wrong, we still won, but i felt useless.

I came to this forum seeking an answer as to why i froze up. Its something i've probably been ashamed of for a number years believing that i was a coward. Yes, i got my friend out, but as soon as he got up he was swinging, while i stood there frozen. The physiological explanation i can understand, but methods to get over it, not so solid...