• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Controlling adrenaline shakes....

It can take more time than you have, especially in an unexpected situation. you're walking to your car, I blindside you. you've already been hit, now in addition to dealing with pain, sudden adrenaline rush, etc. you are trying to fight me AND clear your mind at the same time?

Aye, that's kind of the point. One can clear the mind and defend simultaneously, so long that the physical movements come naturally.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 2 types of adrenaline. the kind you get from being excited, inspired, angry,and happy, and the other type is the type you get from pure fear.

when you are confronted with by an opponent that you seem to be scared of, try to think of him more as another obstacle to overcome in your training. when you do this, your fear adrenaline which freezes you and makes you wobbly, will turn into excitement adrenaline, which is an extremely powerful weapon and raises all of your senses.

Keep it intense!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Just ignore the adrenaline shakes and do what you gotta do.

I agree just attempt to focus on defending your self and go home safe

also if your in demanding situations alot you get used to them and they become less of an isssue :karate:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

This is just one of those things that is so hard to train for. The best thing is intense training especially your sparring matches. Learn to control it the best you can during this training, if you find yourself one of those people who get angry from it, then thats the first thing you need to fix. Anger can get you hurt, to where having a little bit if fear works for you. Hard topic to explain in writting but good luck.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

the best way to control "the shakes" is to streetfight and get used to being hit to the face...if it helps any...it doesnt hurt a bit being hit in the face especially while you have the shakes and your adrenaline is going (this is only from my personal experience on the streets howeveryou may feel it the next day.

Does anybody have any theories or methods for controlling adrenaline shakes? Just recently I was talking with somebody about some headcase in the area who "allegedly" assaulted a family friend, and just thinking of getting into a defensive situation with this person (which is a real possibility) had me shaking from adrenaline. So is it best to use an adrenaline rush, or to try to control it? How?

Stamp your feet / move in place (like when you are standing in cold wheather and tring to get warm).

It's good for avoiding locking up as well.

you make them sound like a bad thing. he is what you do, everytime you hand shakes think I am not shaking fast enough try to shake faster then take that energy and place a target on the person's nose then unleash it until that person is no longer standing but be fast and certain

Kisshu fushin oni te hotoke kokoro

Well, there's basically two general ways of approaching this problem. You can take either one, I suppose.

One is having an "on/off" switch where you can have the control to turn the adrenaline on and off as you will. This is usually accomplished through experience in stress situations, as many people mentioned above. This method deals with the situation as it arises.

The other way is not to have a switch at all, meaning that you are always "off." This is usually accomplished through meditation and other calming techniques. It also requires more of a balancing throughout your daily life and the avoiding of deep swings in emotion either way. This method is more of a continuous action/inaction/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/