pentaxphoto

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan is a must for me...

My favorite comedy is Kung Pow:Enter The Fist. Insulting to the martial arts? Maybe, but in a light-hearted way...to me it mock's the ignorance in people's views of the MAs more than anything. We just need to learn to laugh with them and shrug it off until the time comes (when they see the effects of training).

"Do not worry about the chosen one. I am going to kill him...with a rock, you know? Like a stone or something."

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Depending on mood, any of the following might be my favorite...

Shawshank Redemption

Brave Heart

The Matrix (Only the first one. I thought the whole concept was pretty cool.)

Dr. No

French Kiss (Hay, how'd that one get on the list?)

Better Off Dead

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Student: "Why did you hit that guy with a chair? Why didn't you use your karate?"

Master: "Hitting him with a chair was the only karate I could think of at the time."

Lesson: Practice until you don't have to think.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Leon (The Professional)

Boondock Saints

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Mononoke Hime

Jin-Roh

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Snatch

Ronin

Amadeus

Macross Plus

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Anything with Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan is a must for me...

My favorite comedy is Kung Pow:Enter The Fist. Insulting to the martial arts? Maybe, but in a light-hearted way...to me it mock's the ignorance in people's views of the MAs more than anything. We just need to learn to laugh with them and shrug it off until the time comes (when they see the effects of training).

"Do not worry about the chosen one. I am going to kill him...with a rock, you know? Like a stone or something."

Yeah.. Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan are great. But also Jet Lee.

I love martial arts movies!

Kill is love

Indeed I must... i'll start walking now, expect me in 3-6 years.

Ok, I'll have a cuppa tea waiting for you in 2007! :P

i just saw shaun of the dead on friday. what a brilliant movie. you should all go see it right now. absolutely hilarious. :D

S.O.T.D. is one mega funny movie. I agree with bat - GO AND SEE IT! :)

I like Kung Pow too. Very funny send-up of martial arts,martial artists and martial arts movies. Another film in that same vein is Tongan Ninja. A must-see if anyone is into spoof movies.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

whoop, there's pressure, and here i thought i was gonna' take my time... ah well, as long as i'm speedy, i'll be able to push cheeky musician to class... y'know...as long as i'm in the neighborhood...

and i just went out and watched SOTD again. i don't generally see movies in the theater twice, but it was just that good. i really dig it. and while i was there, i walked into hero. y'all should see that, too.

the first time i saw kung pow, i really hated it. but i really wasn't in the mood, and i watched it a second time with some buddies, and it got a few more cheap laughs out of me. it had to work its way up to my liking :wink:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai